Windows 10: Windows system restore is taking forever

Discus and support Windows system restore is taking forever in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my game bar wont open as when i turn turn the slider to on, i chang the page and it turns itself off, so i saw a solution where im supposed to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by myPCneedhelp, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows system restore is taking forever

So my game bar wont open as when i turn turn the slider to on, i chang the page and it turns itself off, so i saw a solution where im supposed to do a system restore, i made a restore point before initiating system restore but now its been quite a long time and it's still on the "please wait while your window files..." And google said that its supposed to take at most 45 minutes so is there something wrong?

:)

myPCneedhelp, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Windows 10 Update Taking Forever

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process (For Laptop: Remove the battery before performing the steps)
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in
    safe mode
    . This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control
      Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    "Getting Windows Ready" takes forever

Hi Jayby,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process (For Laptop: Remove the battery before performing the steps)
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in
    safe mode
    . This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control
      Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows system restore is taking forever

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows system restore is taking forever

1. Windows system restore is taking forever - Similar Threads - system restore taking

2. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  3. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restoring PC is taking forever

Restoring PC is taking forever: I started a system restore yesterday at 5pm and it i still "finalizing file restore.". What do I do? This is taking way too long. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-pc-is-taking-forever/191c807f-d1ff-4bff-aaeb-9c99a03fac5b
  6. Windows taking forever to Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking forever to Update: I did one of the Windows update and it told me to restart my computer. Usually it takes 5 minutes but today its been over an hour restarting. What should i do?...
  7. System restore taking hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore taking hours: My laptop wasn't booting uo so I tried to do a system restore. It has been around 6 hours since I started and it is still hasn't finished. What should I do submitted by /u/Re-Evolution7 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Update takes forever

Windows Update takes forever: The windows update end up took more than 3 hours to complete. Would it be possible to get an estimated time to update beforehand? And it would be nice if the windows can display the estimated remaining time needed instead of the percentage completed because it could be stuck...
  9. System Restore Taking Forever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore Taking Forever: I had to do a system restore earlier today and its been around four hours since I started it. It still has the spinning dots and its in the restoring the registry phase. I selected it to be restored to a date two days ago, why is it taking so long and is there any way to make...
  10. Windows 10 Restore Point Taking Forever

Windows 10 Restore Point Taking Forever: I had logged onto my computer earlier today to find that it was running slower than usual. Not only that, to my suprise Dell SupportAssist had for some reason uninstalled from my computer. I decided to restore my compuer to a restore point I made a few days earlier before the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore taking forever

2. windows system restore taking forever

3. What to do if System Restore goes on forever?

4. drive booster restore point taking forever,
  5. why point restore take foreever,
  6. windows 10 system restore taking forever,
  7. system restore takes forever,
  8. factory restore windows taking forever,
  9. dell pc system restore is taking forever,
  10. system restore takes ages