Windows 10: Windows system restore left a corrupt search entry

Discus and support Windows system restore left a corrupt search entry in Cortana to solve the problem; I used the windows restore point I created after a fresh install of windows 10 using the windows refresh tool to go back to the point right after I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TomGrolman, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Windows system restore left a corrupt search entry

I used the windows restore point I created after a fresh install of windows 10 using the windows refresh tool to go back to the point right after I just installed all the updates for windows 10 2004.

Prior to using the system restore feature I installed HP Support Assistant.

Now I have installed a newer version of this program however when I do a search for it 2 entries show up:

1. The proper entry for the program I have installed which works as expected.

2. Another entry for the previous version of the program which I had installed prior to system restore. This entry opens up Microsoft store downloads and updates tab when clicked, clicking uninstall from the context menu yields no response.

I tried the indexing delete and rebuild option and that didn't help.

Don't know what else I can do and would appreciate some help.

:)

TomGrolman, Sep 30, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Is there a system restore feature in W10?

In search (Cortana thing at bottom left of task bar), type restore , press enter. Top of the list, click it. Entry says "Create a restore point", but it's the main System Protection panel.

f14tomcat, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Windows system restore left a corrupt search entry

explorer.exe corrupted

Hello,

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing system files.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Try all the above mentioned steps and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows system restore left a corrupt search entry

1. Windows system restore left a corrupt search entry - Similar Threads - system restore left

2. PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list: Hi!Something broke the PWA link for my MS Planner install https://tasks.office.com and now I'm left with a "ghost" link on the Start Menu > All Apps list.I've already tried everything I could do, uninstall, PowerShell shenanigans, registry meddling and third party...
  3. PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list: Hi!Something broke the PWA link for my MS Planner install https://tasks.office.com and now I'm left with a "ghost" link on the Start Menu > All Apps list.I've already tried everything I could do, uninstall, PowerShell shenanigans, registry meddling and third party...
  4. PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore and Corrupt FIles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore and Corrupt FIles: My current installation has corrupt files in it but i’d like to keep everything that i currently have as with my connection it would take weeks to obtain everything again. I can’t restore them with SFC or DSIM as those have failed (1903) Would a clean installation of 2004...
  6. Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt: Hi Added myself as admin an admin user to have full control of thisfolder in order to be able to view contents for a reason that is is irrelevant to the current problem. Stupidly I did not screenshot the list of permissions before making the change which did not see to...
  7. Access Control Entry is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Control Entry is Corrupt: "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one." This is the error that I received after trying to open a WindowsApps folder in the D: drive in a recently-new computer (that previously only had personal files like pictures) that was freshly written...
  8. corrupted system restore

corrupted system restore: Yes, I've read the responses to this question here already, they were no help. problem: system restore freezes while restoring files and settings Why can't there be a place to go to download a new restore file? Any other suggestions?...
  9. System restore points corrupted

System restore points corrupted: I have a about 19 system restore points saved on my computer for this month, probably one a day. All of them are corrupted. I cannot use any of them to restore my computer to an earlier time. None of previous months exist even though I have given system restore enough...
  10. Update left me with no System Restore ability

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Update left me with no System Restore ability: I cannot create a System Restore File/point. I have read instructions on setting the restore point but none are correct for 10. Screenshots [img] Thank you for any help you could send my way- 42670