Windows 10: Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.

Discus and support Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently started to do a system restore point because of accidently formatting my storage drive. I have Windows installed on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimHaba, Jan 14, 2020.

1. JimHaba Win User

Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.

Hello,

I have recently started to do a system restore point because of accidently formatting my storage drive. I have Windows installed on a separate SSD, but unusually it won't boot up anymore. I have tried doing system restore in the recovery environment, but gives me an error:

"To use system restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, then select System Restore."

Restoring to an image gives me an error and won't show any drives, I can't uninstall any updates, the reset option isn't there.

I have tried to do a system restore one again via Command Prompt, which it was successful, but it still does not boot.

Im worried that my computer is forever broken.

Thanks,

Jim

:)

JimHaba, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Pinchy Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jan 14, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Works for me lol.

AsRock, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot. - Similar Threads - System Restore successful

2. Was the system restore successful or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was the system restore successful or not?: Hi. I am trying to restore my Windows 10 PC to an earlier restore point. The first time, I got the unsuccessful message but after logging in, I saw the popup suddenly say that the system restore completed successfully. I was confused by the contrasting messages so I figured...
  3. Was the system restore successful or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Was the system restore successful or not?: Hi. I am trying to restore my Windows 10 PC to an earlier restore point. The first time, I got the unsuccessful message but after logging in, I saw the popup suddenly say that the system restore completed successfully. I was confused by the contrasting messages so I figured...
  4. Was the system restore successful or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system restore did not complete successfully.: Yesterday while I was trying to do the instructions an independent advisor I tried to do a system restore from my one recovery or restore point it sayed '' system restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details :...
  6. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore did not complete successfully.: Yesterday while I was trying to do the instructions an independent advisor I tried to do a system restore from my one recovery or restore point it sayed '' system restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details :...
  7. System Restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore did not complete successfully: Alright to start off i have attempted to restore my windows 11 computer to an earlier point 3 times to fail each time. As to why doesnt matter. Here is what the pc tells me after each attempt.Anyways please help me, this is the second time ive opened up a question on this,...
  8. System restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore did not complete successfully: My laptop Windows 10 is stuck in automatic repair cycle. Ive tried everything i could find. Bootrec.exe/fixboot did not work access denied. Tried a few fixes for that that did not work. Tried system restore to a couple of days ago 4/12 was the earliest date available. Got an...
  9. System Restore did not complete successfully...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore did not complete successfully...: Getting the following error message when trying to do System Restore on a clean install of Windows 10 with the Creator's Update (Version 1803)... After running System Restore the system displays the following message at the desktop after logging in: System Restore could not...
  10. System Restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore did not complete successfully.: To confirm that the Restore Points system was working I created a new restore point and used System Restore to "go back" to it. I got the message in the attachment. I then tried to go back to one about 5 days ago with the same result. In past years I have a couple of times...