Windows 10: Windows System Restore taking a long time?

Discus and support Windows System Restore taking a long time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It’s been around 6 hours give or take. I was downloading a program, which ended up launching into a computer restart. When I came back, all of my data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brian0004, May 18, 2020.

1. Windows System Restore taking a long time?

It’s been around 6 hours give or take. I was downloading a program, which ended up launching into a computer restart. When I came back, all of my data (except programs) was wiped. I used the Windows System restore feature at a restore point right before i updated, and it took 3 and a half hours before I shut my computer down and redid the restore. Now, it’s even longer, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for what I should do/whether this is normal.

submitted by /u/Brian0004
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brian0004, May 18, 2020
  2. raúl997 Win User

System Restore taking too long..

Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention.

I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to restore my computer back so I didn't
    think it would take this long.

Did my computer freeze? The loading animation is still going and it says "Pease wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry.. ".

Thank you for the help.

raúl997, May 18, 2020
  3. ASW
    ASW Win User
    System Restore taking a long time

I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ?

4. Windows System Restore taking a long time?

System Restore taking too long..

Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention.

I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to restore my computer back so I didn't
    think it would take this long.

Did my computer freeze? The loading animation is still going and it says "Pease wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry..
    ".

Thank you for the help.
    Windows System Restore taking a long time? 9b269b28-8bf6-49f4-a889-3d1ee02f67e6?upload=true.png

JonathanPoston, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows System Restore taking a long time?

1. Windows System Restore taking a long time? - Similar Threads - System Restore taking

2. Windows restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restore taking a long time: Hello, I’ve been having network connection/WiFi issues lately receiving the error “There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter.”So I looked online for ways to fix it, and saw one suggestion to update your network driver to a previous version. So I tried to...
  3. How long does a system restore take?

How long does a system restore take?: How long does it take to restore Windows 10. I spent a good portion of the day trying to restore my wife's PC because ya'll insisted on giving her Edge with you latest update and destroyed all her favorites. So far I'm on my third try and haven't been successful yet. Ran...
  4. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point3 hours agoand used it to...
  5. System restore in Win 10 taking a long time maybe idle

System restore in Win 10 taking a long time maybe idle: I had to system restore my desktop from win 10 but its stuck 4 hours now on "file and settings are being restored system restore is initialising". Has it crashed in which case in order to stop it I should kill the power? or shall I let it continue? How long is it likely to...
  6. System Restore taking far too long

System Restore taking far too long: I started a system restore today and it's been restoring for about 3 hours now, which is obviously taking far too long. I don't really know what to do. Please reply ASAP! Thank you Regards, Jui-Chen...
  7. system restoring point taking too long

system restoring point taking too long: It’s been almost 8 hours and its still stuck at “please wait while your windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is restoring the registry...”...
  8. System restore taking too long?

System restore taking too long?: I'm trying to restore my laptop to my restore point on Oct 9. It has been three hours and I'm unsure if there is something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated....
  9. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to...
  10. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203