Windows 10: Windows System Restores every restart =

Discus and support Windows System Restores every restart = in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys, hopefully you can help me. This is the 5th scenario that I have to reinstall my windows. Problem: Whenever I restart my Laptop, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ianiiii, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Ianiiii Win User

Windows System Restores every restart =

Hi Guys,

hopefully you can help me. This is the 5th scenario that I have to reinstall my windows.

Problem: Whenever I restart my Laptop, Windows restores itself to a specific point. From what I notice, usually starts with a BSOD. After that point, it creates a "restore point", creating the same image of the system/SSD contents upon restart.

Example:

A. BSOD Happens at 7PM 03Dec2020.

B. I uninstall Chrome at 8PM

C. downloaded a Document at 830PM

D. install Messenger at 9PM

E. I restart/shutdown windows at 930PM

Upon loading windows, its like B, C D never happened, back to what ever state is my system and SSD contents are. Chrome Installed, No Documents, No Messenger

Additional Problems: Unable to Repair, Restore, Create Restore Point, Update Windows. Random BSOD will happen til my windows is crippled.

All my drivers are updated via the Lenovo Vantage App. Noticed that it always starts with iaStorAC critical error, but I may be wrong

Hopefully someone can help!

Laptop Specifics

Laptop Model: Lenovo ideapad 330S-14IKB

Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version: 20H2

OS Build: 19042.630

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Event Viewer:

Error log: Smart event occured on disk :0000000000000444

System

- Provider
    [ Name]
    iaStorAC
    - EventID 4102

[ Qualifiers] 49159

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-12-03T11:11:31.4676914Z

EventRecordID 36434

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 284

Channel System

Computer ZixZera-Lenovo

Security

- EventData

000000000600300000000000061007C0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

:)

Ianiiii, Dec 3, 2020

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10, Will not restart after System Restore.

Hi Michael,

We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to perform a Power drain by following the steps provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.

If the issue still persists,

Check if the system boots to Safe mode using the ISO by following the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer. (If you’re not seeing this screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to boot from media,
      and then try again.)
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select 5 or F5 to restart you PC in Safe Mode with Networking. If your PC won’t start in Safe Mode with Networking, try steps 2-4 again, and then, after your PC restarts, select 3 or F3 to
      Enable low-resolution video.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

system restore won't restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to perform system restore by going to safe mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• In login screen at the bottom right corner select
      restart
      the system by press and hold Shift key.

• Under choose an option select Troubleshooting.

• Select advanced option.

• Select System restore and check if it helps.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows System Restores every restart = - Similar Threads - System Restores every

2. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restarting to black screen: A system restore was done, after my drivers disappeared, but after some time the screen went black with only the mouse pointer on screen. The PC was restarted, by pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds, whilst pressing F4 to get into Safe Mode, but the system returned to a...
  3. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restarting to black screen: A system restore was done, after my drivers disappeared, but after some time the screen went black with only the mouse pointer on screen. The PC was restarted, by pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds, whilst pressing F4 to get into Safe Mode, but the system returned to a...
  4. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 always restarts system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 always restarts system restore: I have windows 10 with some problems and so search to repair folloqing procedure Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade, but after reinstall every time windows restart and go always in system restore. I try also to reset computer but after it at reboot come...
  6. Windows 10 always restarts system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 always restarts system restore: I have windows 10 with some problems and so search to repair folloqing procedure Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade, but after reinstall every time windows restart and go always in system restore. I try also to reset computer but after it at reboot come...
  7. Soft system restore on restarting Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Soft system restore on restarting Windows 10: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041 My PC basically soft-restores all its settings and contents upon restart, or maybe rather it does not save any changes to the PC upon shutting down. All my desktop icons, all programs, folders, return to...
  8. Restarted during system restore point

Restarted during system restore point: i was doing system restore point but the power went off and i thing windows is corrupt i can’t go in safe mode but i can go to advanced option and stuff i iv’e tried everything in the advanced options and many command prompt command is there a way to recover the image...
  9. System restarting every minute on it's own.

System restarting every minute on it's own.: Two days ago I clicked 'reset network'. From that moment my dell laptop is not using internet though it is connected to network through wifi. None of setting options in 'setting' was opening and even it was being automatically closed. Somehow I clicked one option in...
  10. System Restore Fails Every Time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Fails Every Time: Hi Guys, Here is a weird one. On Win 10 Pro, 1803, Build 17134.48. Every system restore fails on my machine, with the error as in attachment. [img] If I try booting from Windows 10 setup USB boot and select Repair, then go to System Restore, I get this message: To use...