Windows 10: Windows system settingcustomize display and sound etc. freezes

Discus and support Windows system settingcustomize display and sound etc. freezes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just got a PC, and tried to go into settings and then system settings to customize the display. However whenever I try to enter the system settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LucasFernandez3, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Windows system settingcustomize display and sound etc. freezes

Just got a PC, and tried to go into settings and then system settings to customize the display. However whenever I try to enter the system settings, the settings freeze and won`t respond. It works normally with every other category of setting Devices, Apps, Accounts etc.. Looking for the cause of this problem, and obviously an answer to how I fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

LucasFernandez3, Dec 4, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 4, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Windows system settingcustomize display and sound etc. freezes

Surface Pro 2 Windows 10 - no sound on display port and slow video

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

If doesn't work, I suggest you to update the sound and display drivers from device manager and check.

Please follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    • Follow the same steps to update sound device.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows system settingcustomize display and sound etc. freezes

1. Windows system settingcustomize display and sound etc. freezes - Similar Threads - system settingcustomize display

2. Sound then system freeze but explorer is still reachable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound then system freeze but explorer is still reachable: I'm experiencing weird random freezes on my computer:* The whole system progressively freezes and parts of the explorer are still reachable while some others are not I can close some windows but not all of them - sometimes the start button freezes as well. * In every case I...
  3. Sound then system freeze but explorer is still reachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound then system freeze but explorer is still reachable: I'm experiencing weird random freezes on my computer:* The whole system progressively freezes and parts of the explorer are still reachable while some others are not I can close some windows but not all of them - sometimes the start button freezes as well. * In every case I...
  4. Sound/Display System not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound/Display System not working?: So first, I think most of problems I'm having right now is due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what this is called not the characters, nor do I know which section this type of UI would belong to sound, display, or something else?, and thus cannot properly search up what...
  5. Sound/Display System not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound/Display System not working?: So first, I think most of problems I'm having right now is due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what this is called not the characters, nor do I know which section this type of UI would belong to sound, display, or something else?, and thus cannot properly search up what...
  6. Sound/Display System not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sounds displayed on all browsers, but none playing through system sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sounds displayed on all browsers, but none playing through system sounds: As mentioned in the title, I cannot hear sound as of the time I am posting this. The headphones I use work completely fine on any other device. My PC seems to be the only device to persist, and I want assistance on this. I use "Speakers High Definition Audio Device", and it...
  8. Freezing Computer Mouse etc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Freezing Computer Mouse etc: My computer freezes most times when I am working on window apps like excel or word doc. Also when I searching in google. If it freezes, the only way I get back is by rebooting forcefully. Its an experience that started in the last 4 weeks. Very frustrating and it delays my...
  9. Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound not working for youtube- etc...?: Hello- I've checked all of the Device Manager settings, and they say that they are working properly, but when I try to view a video on youtube, there is no sound whatsoever- even tho my speakers are turned up-- must be something simple I'm missing? duh......
  10. System freezes and loud buzz sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System freezes and loud buzz sound: My laptop freezes and creates a loud buzz, I worked with the virtual agent and spoke to a technician whom I allowed to take over my computer. He insisted the problem was resolved and It is not. How can I contact the same technician since I did not save his name????...