Windows 10: Windows System Sound When I Press a Key

Discus and support Windows System Sound When I Press a Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just recently uograded my PC and use hotkeys for programs such as Discord and now whenever i click on the desktop and then use the hotkey, or press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by King Pig John, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Windows System Sound When I Press a Key

I just recently uograded my PC and use hotkeys for programs such as Discord and now whenever i click on the desktop and then use the hotkey, or press any key for that matter it makes a Windows System sound. I believe its the default sound or the exclamation since both of those are the same sound. Is there any known reason why pressing a key while having the desktop in focus would make a windows sound?

:)

King Pig John, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Toggle key sound keeps disappearing

Hi Zero_Kamikaze,

A corrupted sound driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having sound issues on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you download and install the latest sound driver from the manufacturer's website of your device. Also, you can try the steps in this

link
    to resolve sound issues on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Oct 9, 2020
  3. No sound from speakers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Windows System Sound When I Press a Key

Can only hear system sounds.

Thanks for the answer, but none of the two steps worked. I still only have the system sounds.

Elias Nilsson, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows System Sound When I Press a Key

1. Windows System Sound When I Press a Key - Similar Threads - System Sound Press

2. Windows Sound when I press any key on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sound when I press any key on Desktop: Hey,I got this weird issue where when I'm on my desktop and I press a key on my keyboard that it plays the "Windows Background". Am I going crazy?Please help me. Restarting doesn't help. I know that its called the Windows Background Sound bc that's whats its called in Control...
  3. Windows Sound when I press any key on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sound when I press any key on Desktop: Hey,I got this weird issue where when I'm on my desktop and I press a key on my keyboard that it plays the "Windows Background". Am I going crazy?Please help me. Restarting doesn't help. I know that its called the Windows Background Sound bc that's whats its called in Control...
  4. Windows Sound when I press any key on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System sound on key press

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sound on key press: Hi there.I am experiencing a minor annoyance I'd like to address. When pressing keys in some environments, particularly while on the desktop, I am hearing a system beep which is the Windows Background beep. This can cause an annoyance if using push-to-talk for communication.I...
  6. System sound on key press

System sound on key press: Hi there.I am experiencing a minor annoyance I'd like to address. When pressing keys in some environments, particularly while on the desktop, I am hearing a system beep which is the Windows Background beep. This can cause an annoyance if using push-to-talk for communication.I...
  7. Notification sounds when pressing keys on desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification sounds when pressing keys on desktop.: Hi, not really been able to find a solution online to a problem i have.I plugged in a new keyboard yesterday mechanical with led patternsafter setting up the light pattern i wanted, i noticed that when moving around desktop i would occasionally get the windows notification...
  8. Notification sounds when pressing keys on desktop.

Notification sounds when pressing keys on desktop.: Hi, not really been able to find a solution online to a problem i have.I plugged in a new keyboard yesterday mechanical with led patternsafter setting up the light pattern i wanted, i noticed that when moving around desktop i would occasionally get the windows notification...
  9. Notification sounds when pressing keys on desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows alert sound when pressing keys, system crashing - weird problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows alert sound when pressing keys, system crashing - weird problem.: Hi there. I own an Asus TUF FX505DY laptop. Specs: -512GB SSD M2&1TB HDD -16G 2666Mhz -RX 560X -R5 3550H -Windows 10 Pro fully original, no cracks or any weird stuff I'm also using second monitor and high quality mechanical keyboard and mouse with my setup. Yesterday,...