Windows 10: Windows System Sound When I Press a Key

Discus and support Windows System Sound When I Press a Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just recently uograded my PC and use hotkeys for programs such as Discord and now whenever i click on the desktop and then use the hotkey, or press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by King Pig John, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Windows System Sound When I Press a Key

I just recently uograded my PC and use hotkeys for programs such as Discord and now whenever i click on the desktop and then use the hotkey, or press any key for that matter it makes a Windows System sound. I believe its the default sound or the exclamation since both of those are the same sound. Is there any known reason why pressing a key while having the desktop in focus would make a windows sound?

:)

King Pig John, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Toggle key sound keeps disappearing

Hi Zero_Kamikaze,

A corrupted sound driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having sound issues on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you download and install the latest sound driver from the manufacturer's website of your device. Also, you can try the steps in this

link
    to resolve sound issues on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Oct 9, 2020
  3. No sound from speakers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Windows System Sound When I Press a Key

Can only hear system sounds.

Thanks for the answer, but none of the two steps worked. I still only have the system sounds.

Elias Nilsson, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows System Sound When I Press a Key

1. Windows System Sound When I Press a Key - Similar Threads - System Sound Press

2. When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...: when i press the left arrow key, and when i press up arrow key while holding left, the up arrow doesnt work same happens with "W", "E" and "'" and ";" i am a gamer and i cant play many games because of this issue i dont have an idea that its technical or hardware issue...
  3. Z comes up when I press a key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Z comes up when I press a key.: Is there anything I can do about this? I’ve deleted keyboard from Device Manager but it didn’t seem to do anything. submitted by /u/TMGMario [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp75mx/z_comes_up_when_i_press_a_key/
  4. Random sounds when pressing f9

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random sounds when pressing f9: Hi I was watching a youtube video and when I wanted to pause it I pressed f9 but for some reason the video didn't stop the two bars in the pop up turned into a triangle for a brief moment but then turned back into the bars so I stopped the video manually and didn't think...
  5. Windows alert sound when pressing keys, system crashing - weird problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows alert sound when pressing keys, system crashing - weird problem.: Hi there. I own an Asus TUF FX505DY laptop. Specs: -512GB SSD M2&1TB HDD -16G 2666Mhz -RX 560X -R5 3550H -Windows 10 Pro fully original, no cracks or any weird stuff I'm also using second monitor and high quality mechanical keyboard and mouse with my setup. Yesterday,...
  6. Window switch when pressing 1 key

Window switch when pressing 1 key: So this is weird and something I've never seen before. First, the details: Windows 10 Pro (1803 and yes, I know, I need to get it to 1909). Basically I run powershell sometimes to do a lot of my AD work. Setting out of office, creating accounts, etc... What's weird is that...
  7. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep: Hi, I have issues with my computer that when I press windows keys and trying to shut off my computer it spams Sleep mode frantically. I have tried everything including Virus scan and I cant seem to find a issue. submitted by /u/Tenko_7 [link] [comments]...
  8. Sound when pressing "v"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound when pressing "v": So everytime I press v it makes a beep and I don't know how to disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-when-pressing-v/63270d72-3508-4c78-aa97-d1f1e7360dbd
  9. Tones When Pressing Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Tones When Pressing Keys: Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same...
  10. Search applications when pressing Windows key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search applications when pressing Windows key?: In Windows 7/8/8.1 I would press the Start/Windows button and start typing the name of a program (ie: Firefox, Word, etc) and it would pop up, learn, and as I did the same thing in the future.....I would just press Windows key, type wor, and Word would pop up and I press...