Windows 10: Windows system sounds are not working.

Discus and support Windows system sounds are not working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using windows 10 for about 3 years now, but I never had this problem. Today, everything was working fine, but then all of a sudden, system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mpcs127, May 21, 2019.

1. mpcs127 Win User

Windows system sounds are not working.

I've been using windows 10 for about 3 years now, but I never had this problem. Today, everything was working fine, but then all of a sudden, system sounds stopped working. I still have the sound scheme set to "Windows Default" and I can preview the sounds in the page that I can customize the system sounds, but they don't play when they're supposed to, for example, there is no sound when a message box appears.

However, the UAC sound effect DOES play, but no other system sounds do.

All other sounds, such as sound files being played using a media player, and also MIDI devices, work perfectly.

What doesn't play is the system sounds, except for the UAC sound.

:)

mpcs127, May 21, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows system sounds are not working. :p

cadaveca, May 21, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 21, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows system sounds are not working. - Similar Threads - system sounds are

2. Windows 11 system sounds not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 system sounds not working: So I've been having this issue for a while. None of the system sounds are working. Notifications, error sounds, etc. Everything else is fine. I've tried absolutely everything to fix this; restarting the audio service, restarting Windows Explorer with task manager, running a...
  3. System sounds not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  4. System sounds not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  5. Windows 11 system sounds not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system sounds not working!: Hello to the Microsoft community!I seek your help in this issue of mine.I've upgraded to Windows 11 recently and since then, only the system sounds aren't working. All sounds play, except for the system sounds like the sound when you plug in or out a USB, when you get a...
  6. Sound System Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound System Not Working: I have no sound on my Windows 10 computer. I even bought a USB sound card, but nothing. The devices appear in device manager and with no errors. I tried everything on the web, but nothing. My PC is Lenovo ThinkPad L480 workstation and it's very frustrating that my sound is...
  7. Windows system sounds are no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows system sounds are no longer working: A couple of days ago out if sudden Windows 10 system sounds stopped working"Notification sound, navigation sound, etc.". I did everything that could be done, I uninstalled the audio driver and reinstalled it, I updated the drivers, I installed Windows updates, I checked...
  8. Windows System Sounds Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...
  9. Windows System Sounds Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...
  10. System Sounds not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Sounds not working?: Hi all - having a strange issue on my Win10 Pro 64-bit desktop. All sound is working fine, EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all is fine there, but cannot hear any of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system sounds are not working

2. windows 10 system sounds not working