Windows 10: Windows System Sounds Not Working

Discus and support Windows System Sounds Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oilop432w, Mar 14, 2020.

1. oilop432w Win User

Windows System Sounds Not Working

Hello

I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot hear any of the system sounds. Using the 'Test' button in the Sound settings DOES MAKE NOISE AND I CAN HEAR THAT, but not the other system sounds.

Here are my speakers, microphones: http://prntscr.com/ky99rx\
    Volume mixer: http://prntscr.com/ky9ap7

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Windows System Sounds Not Working :)

:)

oilop432w, Mar 14, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows System Sounds Not Working :p

cadaveca, Mar 14, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows System Sounds Not Working - Similar Threads - System Sounds Working

2. Windows system sounds are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows system sounds are not working.: I've been using windows 10 for about 3 years now, but I never had this problem. Today, everything was working fine, but then all of a sudden, system sounds stopped working. I still have the sound scheme set to "Windows Default" and I can preview the sounds in the page that I...
  3. System sound

System sound: I have windows 10 and there is a pull up widow at the lower right hand of the task bar. I used to be able to click on the speaker emblem and change between my tv and my computer. when I click on the speaker emblem now nothing happens. any ideas on how to correct the issue?...
  4. sound system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound system: My sound system is not recognized after a windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-system/277deb52-7b71-4c07-9db1-f94cf3e3b4b3
  5. Windows System Sounds Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...
  6. sound system

sound system: I cant hear any of my music or watch a film or anything on youtube as I cant hear at all.what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sound-system/21781226-4314-468c-a6df-a903a7d9a176
  7. Windows Sound and System settings not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Sound and System settings not working: Hello Everyone! Last night my computer was working fine. I didn't download any new programs or make any changes whatsoever. However, this morning when trying to boot up my computer, it wouldn't turn on. It lights were lit indicating that it was on but the screen wouldn't...
  8. Windows system sounds.

Windows system sounds.: Where are these files stored? I am particularly interested in the Windows Startup sound, which I would like to replace with something a little more strident. 103538
  9. System Sounds not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Sounds not working?: Hi all - having a strange issue on my Win10 Pro 64-bit desktop. All sound is working fine, EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all is fine there, but cannot hear any of...
  10. System Sounds

in Windows 10 Support
    System Sounds: When I right click the speaker and click the sounds tab. This what I get (see screen shot). Clicking it doesn't make it bigger. Don Cole [img] 97133