Windows 10: Windows system ui symbols / icons missing

Discus and support Windows system ui symbols / icons missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since a few days ago some of my system icons are missing. I think i happened after insalling some new fonts but i'm not entirely sure. I've tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Victor Marbus, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Windows system ui symbols / icons missing

Since a few days ago some of my system icons are missing. I think i happened after insalling some new fonts but i'm not entirely sure.

I've tried to do a system scan an repair without any results. I've also copied the entire font folder from another machine and installed those fonts, this seemed to fix a few cases. However, some are still missing.

Anything else I can try?

Windows system ui symbols / icons missing 09246973-838d-4836-9f06-a6edc3f46311?upload=true.png Windows system ui symbols / icons missing 36e2485f-ffc5-46b2-8c92-f618dc47584b?upload=true.png

:)

Victor Marbus, Jul 16, 2020

2. Some system UI symbols are missing

Hi

This morning I noticed some Windows UI system symbols where missing, replaced by vertical rectangles. I checked the Segoe UI Symbol Font, it is version 6.18 and it seems to be fine.

Below is a screenshot of my desktop to show you what I mean. I marked the missing symbols with red circles. Thank you for your attention. Hope I can get some help on this.

Regards,

Hector

Windows system ui symbols / icons missing f91126ec-4230-4f2d-8ed4-5fdab345538c.jpg

Hector J Ortiz Torres, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Windows system ui symbols / icons missing

Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows system ui symbols / icons missing

1. Windows system ui symbols / icons missing - Similar Threads - system symbols icons

2. Missing Desktop windows symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Desktop windows symbol: I have recently installed Norton 360 on windows 10. After restart windows symbol on desktop is not visible .But the system is working. Kindly help me to get normal windows 10 desktop....
  3. Windows 10 system icons are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 system icons are missing: Hi everyone Yesterday I found out that some Windows system icons are missing [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] the rest of the icons are OK I mean, I think so I do not know why this icon font or whatever are missing I tried reinstalling Windows with "MediaCreationTool1909"...
  4. New shortcut icon symbol?

in Windows 10 Support
    New shortcut icon symbol?: After reinstalling Windows 10 due to a problem I posted here, I started to reinstall programs. When I went to arrange the Desktop icons I noticed there are now two different styles in the shortcuts, one being the old arrow. Besides the shortcuts, a new JPG image I saved on...
  5. Missing UI elements/Glitch

Missing UI elements/Glitch: Some minor UI elements are missing on my Win10, like the gray background of the commonly used Apps you see when you click on the search button in the taskbar. Another missing UI element is the small rounded rectangle that indicates the percentage in the slider bars, this...
  6. Problem with a missing symbols

Problem with a missing symbols: [ATTACH] How can I restore those symbols? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-a-missing-symbols/137a33e1-32e5-4878-bc70-eb0219ee280c
  7. Battery on system tray, icon missing

Battery on system tray, icon missing: Battery icon missing on system tray randomly shows up then disappears again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-on-system-tray-icon-missing/20a9815b-0d1d-4cb5-b224-cc900a2c93ba
  8. missing media keys symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    missing media keys symbols: please assist how to resolve the issue . the media symbol keys sare not showing as seen on screen. Thanks, [img] 52380
  9. Missing Segoe UI Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Segoe UI Font: I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back...
  10. All system icons are missing

in Windows 10 Support
    All system icons are missing: I know this sounds like an easy fix but it is not. I have scoured the entire internet and experimented myself extensively on trying to fix this problem so I would be grateful if someone here would like to help me. The problem is this: I have Windows 10 Home and all of my...