Windows 10: Windows system ui symbols / icons missing

Discus and support Windows system ui symbols / icons missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since a few days ago some of my system icons are missing. I think i happened after insalling some new fonts but i'm not entirely sure. I've tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Victor Marbus, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Windows system ui symbols / icons missing

Since a few days ago some of my system icons are missing. I think i happened after insalling some new fonts but i'm not entirely sure.

I've tried to do a system scan an repair without any results. I've also copied the entire font folder from another machine and installed those fonts, this seemed to fix a few cases. However, some are still missing.

Anything else I can try?

Windows system ui symbols / icons missing 09246973-838d-4836-9f06-a6edc3f46311?upload=true.png Windows system ui symbols / icons missing 36e2485f-ffc5-46b2-8c92-f618dc47584b?upload=true.png

:)

Victor Marbus, Jul 16, 2020

2. Some system UI symbols are missing

Hi

This morning I noticed some Windows UI system symbols where missing, replaced by vertical rectangles. I checked the Segoe UI Symbol Font, it is version 6.18 and it seems to be fine.

Below is a screenshot of my desktop to show you what I mean. I marked the missing symbols with red circles. Thank you for your attention. Hope I can get some help on this.

Regards,

Hector

Windows system ui symbols / icons missing f91126ec-4230-4f2d-8ed4-5fdab345538c.jpg

Hector J Ortiz Torres, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Windows system ui symbols / icons missing

Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows system ui symbols / icons missing

1. Windows system ui symbols / icons missing - Similar Threads - system symbols icons

2. some UI icons on windows 11 are missing for some reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some UI icons on windows 11 are missing for some reason.: This image above is very descriptive. basically, a great ammount of icons have turned into this rectangle. not all of them tho, as you can see. most of the other glitched icons are not yellow like this, they're white instead. i assume it is yellow like this due to the yellow...
  3. some UI icons on windows 11 are missing for some reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some UI icons on windows 11 are missing for some reason.: This image above is very descriptive. basically, a great ammount of icons have turned into this rectangle. not all of them tho, as you can see. most of the other glitched icons are not yellow like this, they're white instead. i assume it is yellow like this due to the yellow...
  4. Missing Windows System Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Windows System Icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeaderOfSparta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wc0crs/missing_windows_system_icons/
  5. System Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Icons Missing: Certain system icons are missing form my windows 11 pc. I have tried everything from updating windows to restoring system health but nothing seems to work. Sfc, DISM shows no error.Ps. I don't have any restore...
  6. System Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Icons Missing: Certain system icons are missing form my windows 11 pc. I have tried everything from updating windows to restoring system health but nothing seems to work. Sfc, DISM shows no error.Ps. I don't have any restore...
  7. Missing symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing symbols: How to fix this? N37� 56' 12.12",E23� 56' ^ ^ Or this? N37? 56' 12.12",E23? 56' 40.20" Or this? 182295
  8. Missing system icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing system icons: After the last update of Windows, my icons, for example the "log out" button, disappeared, the same situation occurs in the power menu, when the "Update and shutdown" and "Restart and update" options appear, refreshing the icon file does not help, it is worth adding that...
  9. Missing Desktop windows symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Desktop windows symbol: I have recently installed Norton 360 on windows 10. After restart windows symbol on desktop is not visible .But the system is working. Kindly help me to get normal windows 10 desktop....
  10. Windows 10 system icons are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 system icons are missing: Hi everyone Yesterday I found out that some Windows system icons are missing [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] the rest of the icons are OK I mean, I think so I do not know why this icon font or whatever are missing I tried reinstalling Windows with "MediaCreationTool1909"...