Windows 10: windows+tab cause desktop background bug

Discus and support windows+tab cause desktop background bug in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, I am currently using windows insider 19008 verison of win10 and I found my wallpaper is glitching when i enter the task view (win + tab).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KunWan, Nov 2, 2019.

1. KunWan Win User

windows+tab cause desktop background bug

Greetings,

I am currently using windows insider 19008 verison of win10 and I found my wallpaper is glitching when i enter the task view (win + tab).

I am not sure what is causing this, it is not serious but really annoying , sometimes even my task bar is shrinking in half width.

Any idea of how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

windows+tab cause desktop background bug [​IMG]

:)

KunWan, Nov 2, 2019

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

The thing is I have no spyware; I've done scans with different pieces of software and they all confirm this. The active desktop bit that was removed by Search & Destroy is, I think, a pure Windows thing and I've seen it being listed in Search & Destroy scans on both this and other PCs before.

The thing is that this time I was trying to be clever and pressed "delete" whereas before I just ignored it. I've undone the Active Desktop removal in Search & Destroy and also followed your tips above but it makes no difference - still no desktop background. Any other ideas or do I just wait until the next reformat?

Misiowiec, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. windows+tab cause desktop background bug - Similar Threads - windows+tab cause desktop

2. Windows 11 background bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 background bug: There has been a problem with desktop background slideshow since I use Windows 11. Each time when my laptop unplugged, turned on battery saver mode and has 2 desktops, I switch and it returns from slideshow mode to picture mode. And it returns to the default background which...
  3. Windows 11 background bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 background bug: There has been a problem with desktop background slideshow since I use Windows 11. Each time when my laptop unplugged, turned on battery saver mode and has 2 desktops, I switch and it returns from slideshow mode to picture mode. And it returns to the default background which...
  4. Windows 10 Background Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Background Bug: So today while using my pc I wanted to play a game, but as soon as I launched it my background turned black. I went to settings to change it back but whenever I click on something I have like a 5-10 second delay, anyway after I got to the background section I tried to change...
  5. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  6. Alt + Tab Bug

Alt + Tab Bug: So right now, after I just updated windows because of auto update, the alt + tab shortcut is bugging, it can switch between windows like normal, but it won't display the windows that I have open and just allow me to blindly swtich windows. It used to display the windows and a...
  7. Alt-tab bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-tab bug: since the 20h2 update every time i alt-tab some times i get the wrong panels or screens i had preview open, so if i had panel 1 open and i tap to 2 and then i tap back...instead to tap to 1 i get on tap 3.... anyone else having this kind of issue with 20h2 ? submitted by...
  8. Using Microsoft Edge's Home Tab Background As Desktop Background Theme

Using Microsoft Edge's Home Tab Background As Desktop Background Theme: Hello, I've been using Edge for a while now, and let me start by saying it is really good and quickly became my default and main browser. Now, I've set the home tab to have the "image of the day" background and with the feedback to the algorithm I usually get images I...
  9. Windows 10 bug - alt tabbing causes windows 10 to freeze up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 bug - alt tabbing causes windows 10 to freeze up: When I go into a game and exit out, no matter what game it is, Windows 10's explorer will flash white and not display anything inside that window. Same for every window, as well as task manager. The ENG button in the bottom right will flash, indicating you've got the bug. It...
  10. Weird background bug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird background bug.: For some reason, my background would change into a different picture for no reason, I can't even find the picture in any of my PCs files. The picture below is what it gets changed to.[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win tab 壁纸bug