Windows 10: Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart

Discus and support Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I have this Lenovo 2-in1 tablet (Lenovo MIIX 320-10ICR) that I've been using for the last 8 months and all of sudden started acting weird.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charsta, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Charsta Win User

Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart

Hello all,

I have this Lenovo 2-in1 tablet (Lenovo MIIX 320-10ICR) that I've been using for the last 8 months and all of sudden started acting weird.

The tablet has a data only SIM card installed and until last week all was normal. Suddenly one day, after a restart, the sim seems to connect but doesn't load the majority of websites. The tablet is only used for product presentation and order taking using a web application.

For example, at its current state (connect to mobile data), I can access google.com, make searches but only few of the results actually loads. E.g. wikipedia, linkedin, facebook loads just fine but sites such as ebay and booking.com result in a "cannot reach this page" error.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile broadband driver (Fibocom L831-EAU) didn't resolve the issue but make troubleshooting even harder. After reinstalling the driver, I had full access to the web, able to use all sort of websites and applications. Upon restarting the tablet, accessing the web started acting weird again. I can access google and make searches but cannot access the majority of websites (e.g. like before ebay and booking).

At home I have several other SIMs from the same provider (actual mobile plans, not only mobile data plans) and the same issue exist with them as well. Fresh insertion of SIM, all works just fine but upon restart same connection issues. I tried 3 different SIMs with same results. Sadly I don't have any SIMs from another provider to test with.

Today, I spend 1 hour at my providers support offices, having a support guy trying to figure out why this happens. No luck either. He was suspecting that it might be a windows issue since the SIM works fine on mobile devices (e.g. Android).

I don't know what else to think/do. Already reset Windows with no luck, disable/uninstall every security/antivirus related software, reinstalling drivers, multiple reboots and removing/inserting the SIM all with no success...
    Trying to ping 8.8.8.8 , 1.1.1.1 or even my provider's dns always failed (transmit failed. General failure).

Any help or advice would be really appreciated guys!

Thank you all for your time!

:)

Charsta, Oct 1, 2019

2. Bush A1 windows tablet stuck at restarting.

Hi Carl,

I am sorry to know that you are unable to boot the tablet.

• What is the model of the tablet?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
      and create
      Windows 10 installation media.

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.

• On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer. (If you’re not seeing this screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to boot from media, and
      then try again.)

• On the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot. Select Advanced Options > Startup Repair.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 1, 2019
  3. hpholm Win User
    Lumia 535 restarting itself when conecting to mobile data

Hi Matt,

We must consider hardware failure when a phone restarts spontaneously. Since it only happens when mobile data is enabled, I suggest try replace the SIM card?

- Is the phone stable without SIM and without SD memory card, on Wi-Fi data?

The next step is proper assessment and repair, or replace the phone.

Please let us know how it goes.

--

Hans

hpholm, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart

Best windows 8 tablet?

I've apple ipod touch 4g, google nexus 4, hp envy 17 3d, so using all 3 OS - iOS, android, windows 7.

I dont have any tablet yet..thinking to buy windows 8 tablet..

i like hp envy x2 much..tablet cum notebook..

but microsoft surface and many other good tablets in market and i dont have idea..

suggest me best windows 8/?RT tablets..

thx..

freebird_9924, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart

1. Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart - Similar Threads - tablet mobile data

2. No cellular data in me tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No cellular data in me tablet: Dear,I do not have cellular data transfer to my Panasonic fz-m1 tablet.Windows 10 is os. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cellular-data-in-me-tablet/a589a8e1-d7e8-4b93-935e-df0f14e14b73
  3. No cellular data in me tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No cellular data in me tablet: Dear,I do not have cellular data transfer to my Panasonic fz-m1 tablet.Windows 10 is os. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cellular-data-in-me-tablet/a589a8e1-d7e8-4b93-935e-df0f14e14b73
  4. No cellular data in me tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Overuses Mobile Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Overuses Mobile Data: I have noticed that tethering mobile data to Windows 10 via WiFi Hotspot depletes the mobile data quickly than ever. Various metro apps uses lots of data. How to minimise data use?...
  6. Tablet Stuck On "Restarting"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tablet Stuck On "Restarting": I have a Windows tablet. When I tried to turn it off today it wanted to update. I said okay, but now it has been stuck on "Restarting" for over 3 hours now and I can't even shut it off. I once saw a post with a combination of buttons to push at the same time to turn it...
  7. Windows PC Miix-520 - No mobile data LTE after windows upgrade

Windows PC Miix-520 - No mobile data LTE after windows upgrade: I have a Lenovo Miix 520-12IKB, that have been working great since Feb. 2018. The PC has a data card Fibocom L831-EAU, with firmware L831_V2E.0C.00.19 with only one SIM card installed and until the upgrade to OS build 19041.113 all was normal, but after the upgrade , the SIM...
  8. Losing data after restart

Losing data after restart: Hello, It happened many times already but I guess it is time for me to write it to you. I have never written anything here and I think this time. I lost important data after some restart that happened on the laptop during night. I can't get it back - it was excel file. I...
  9. windows freezes and restarts after collecting data.

windows freezes and restarts after collecting data.: I have been trying to backup my data in a USB since tomorrow but there is a specific important folder that I cant because windows gets frozen and starts to collect data when a blue screen appears after which it restarts. Error most of the time is memory management not always....
  10. Mobile Wifi data sim

Mobile Wifi data sim: I recently bought a TP-Link mobile wifi gadget and started with a 1GB 30day data sim from '3'. It very soon needed a top up! The replacement is now also on its way out... *Eek What could possibly be consuming the data at such a fast rate of knots? Does anyone have...