Windows 10: Windows tabs appearance changed and looks weird without me changing any settings.

Discus and support Windows tabs appearance changed and looks weird without me changing any settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I need help with reverting the way windows tabs/apps look. I do not recall changing anything in the settings and the tabs appearance just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrotatoRJ, Aug 31, 2021.

1. BrotatoRJ Win User

Windows tabs appearance changed and looks weird without me changing any settings.

Hello, I need help with reverting the way windows tabs/apps look. I do not recall changing anything in the settings and the tabs appearance just changed all of a sudden.Firstly some tabs have this solid border around it except for the top. I noticed that the color of this border changes with the color I set in the Personalization>Colors setting. I have the setting "Title bars and window borders" turned off yet there's this thick border around it.My file explorer appeared like this all of a sudden too. I did not change anything in the settings and this happened. I need help!

:)

BrotatoRJ, Aug 31, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 31, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Aug 31, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows tabs appearance changed and looks weird without me changing any settings.

Curious small window bug - Win7 - UPDATE: Command line -tab parameter issue?

Any steps to reproduce? GPU-Z dynamically changes the window border/size to enable resize only when sensor tab is active

W1zzard, Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows tabs appearance changed and looks weird without me changing any settings. - Similar Threads - tabs appearance changed

2. windows security settings looks weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security settings looks weird: so i was checking my defender because it said local security authority protection was off, so i went on it and it looked like the image i linked, it wont let me scroll down or anything to turn local security authority protection back on...
  3. windows security settings looks weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security settings looks weird: so i was checking my defender because it said local security authority protection was off, so i went on it and it looked like the image i linked, it wont let me scroll down or anything to turn local security authority protection back on...
  4. Windows Setting Icon looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Setting Icon looking weird: Hi,for the last couple of weeks or so, the Windows settings icon in the taskbar has been looking weird.I already tried re-setting the settings app Windows key --> "settings" --> right click --> App settings --> restore, but it didn't work. Still the weird noisy mosaic thing...
  5. Uninstall or change a program looks weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall or change a program looks weird: Uninstall or change a program looks weird, the colours are messed up, and I have to look really hard just to read the name of the applications, the problem only occurs when layout is set to Details, any other layout looks normal.I know a simple fix would be to just not use...
  6. Uninstall or change a program looks weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall or change a program looks weird: Uninstall or change a program looks weird, the colours are messed up, and I have to look really hard just to read the name of the applications, the problem only occurs when layout is set to Details, any other layout looks normal.I know a simple fix would be to just not use...
  7. Uninstall or change a program looks weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop booted to new SSD without me changing any bios settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop booted to new SSD without me changing any bios settings?: Just installed a new SSD in my laptop (which has only one SATA port) and when I turned it on and tried to load the bios… it just booted into windows! The computer recognises there is an SSD installed and the performance is better. Is this a feature I just didn’t know about? I...
  9. My profile picture changed and is looking weird.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My profile picture changed and is looking weird.: Sp today I opened up my laptop and it had this weird, looking, offsetting profile picture rather than the default windows picture of a blank person. [IMG] Can anyone please explain why this is? Please tell me it's just a glitch or something like that....
  10. Windows won't let me change any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't let me change any settings: My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and leave the screen. I can go right...