Windows 10: Windows "tabs" out of game

Discus and support Windows "tabs" out of game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, I've recently complete clean installed my PC with 1909 (I think, I'm gonna check that if necessary) and it has been a charm. I've worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bitdotben, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Windows "tabs" out of game

Hello there,

I've recently complete clean installed my PC with 1909 (I think, I'm gonna check that if necessary) and it has been a charm. I've worked counless hours with it by now and now problems what so ever. (Ryzen 3900X with a GTX970).

A few days ago, I got a bit of more free time on my hand and started playing FIFA (18) again, and every ~2-5min the game tabs to the desktop. I mean I can still see the game, but I've lost control and can now see the Windows Taskbar etc. I've to click on the window again to have control over the game. This happens both in Fullscreen and Windowed mode. I've restarted my PC, plugged my monitor out and in, closed everything in the background. I've no Antivirus (appart from the Windowsstuff) installed. I unplugged my mouse and keyboard, still happened.

I'm really out of ideas, what could be doing that? I've looked in the eventmonitor and found nothing that correlates, is there a more detailed eventmonitor that shows me everything that happens? Every request an app makes to be in the foreground or whatever?

I really hope someone has an idea!

Cheers

submitted by /u/bitdotben
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bitdotben, Apr 29, 2020

2. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Gamma settings resetting to factory Default when alt tabbing during game play sessions.

Hi Walid,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Is the issue specific with one game or all games?
    • Is the game compatible to run in Windows 10?

I suggest you to check whether your game is compatible to run in Windows 10 or not. Refer to the link provided by the
    Aswin_Anand on August 1, 2015 in the post to check the compatibility of the program/game with Windows 10.

If the game is not compatible with Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the below steps to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for and select previous Operating System from the drop down (Windows 7/8/Vista/XP/any other Windows you prefer from the drop down list).
    • Click on Apply and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the game in compatibility mode, check the functionality of the game.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Windows "tabs" out of game

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows "tabs" out of game

1. Windows "tabs" out of game - Similar Threads - tabs game

2. Games tabbing out randomly while in full screen mode for about the last week or so, PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games tabbing out randomly while in full screen mode for about the last week or so, PLEASE HELP: For the last week and half, I'll be playing games like Rocket League and League of Legends and randomly about once per game, the game will tab out on its own. I've tried contacting support directly to the games, but none of their fixes worked. I saw that someone else had this...
  3. Games tabbing out randomly while in full screen mode for about the last week or so, PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games tabbing out randomly while in full screen mode for about the last week or so, PLEASE HELP: For the last week and half, I'll be playing games like Rocket League and League of Legends and randomly about once per game, the game will tab out on its own. I've tried contacting support directly to the games, but none of their fixes worked. I saw that someone else had this...
  4. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-cloud-gaming-and-community-tab-not-showing-in/7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  5. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-cloud-gaming-and-community-tab-not-showing-in/7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  6. Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.: It seems to happen with only a few games specifically but Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me. Can anyone help me figure out whats going on and how to fix it?...
  7. Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.

Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.: It seems to happen with only a few games specifically but Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me. Can anyone help me figure out whats going on and how to fix it?...
  8. Every time i press alt in these games, it alt+tab 's me.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Xbox Game Bar does not have the Xbox Social tab.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar does not have the Xbox Social tab.: When I press Windows + G, there is quite literally ZERO widget for Xbox Social. None. At all. I have tried updating Xbox Game Bar from the microsoft store, I've restarted the game bar, I have searched the internet until I lost my mind, I checked the widget store, it is NOT...
  10. Xbox Game Bar does not have the Xbox Social tab.

Xbox Game Bar does not have the Xbox Social tab.: When I press Windows + G, there is quite literally ZERO widget for Xbox Social. None. At all. I have tried updating Xbox Game Bar from the microsoft store, I've restarted the game bar, I have searched the internet until I lost my mind, I checked the widget store, it is NOT...