Windows 10: Windows takes a long time to boot up (From power button being pressed to Windows load...

Discus and support Windows takes a long time to boot up (From power button being pressed to Windows load... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Note : This may not be windows related, but it happened after an update so it's the most logical explanation I can think of. After a Windows update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GameLandUK, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Windows takes a long time to boot up (From power button being pressed to Windows load...

Note : This may not be windows related, but it happened after an update so it's the most logical explanation I can think of.

After a Windows update, I noticed that it was taking longer for the windows loading screen to appear, after Windows itself had started, I was fine with expected load times.

If you've had the same problem and or know how to fix it, let me know

:)

GameLandUK, Dec 14, 2019
  2. TheeOGeex Win User

Desktop Only Loads Windows when Using Power Button

So i have an odd issue. I'm using an HP Pavilion (P6510Y) with Windows 7. It is freezing at the HP logo screen and not loading Windows.

• If I press and hold the power button on the tower, the computer shuts off. If i press the power button to turn it back on, the computer correctly starts Windows.
    • If i have Windows open and go to the Start menu to select Restart, the computer freezes at the HP logo screen when trying to come back on.
    • If i have Windows open and go to the Start menu to select Shut Down, the computer freezes at the HP logo screen when I press the Power button to turn it back on.

At first the computer was doing it no matter what and then i changed the boot order to load from the HDD instead of the cd disk drive. I ran the diagnostic and all of the internal components passed. I tried to do a system restore and it failed.

I think my last option is to try a Factory Reset but before i do that i wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions?

TheeOGeex, Dec 14, 2019
  3. spixel Win User
    Windows loading time

How long does it take you to get past windows loading time , it takes me around 10 seconds , i think it might be my mobo. http://www.microsoft.com/library/me...g/setup/support/68224windows-logo-loading.gif

does 10 seconds sound a bit long for my spec and could it be a bad windows install or someting :S im confused as my old pc which was an amd x2 loaded up in about 4 , every few times also i load someting up ( like starting a programme or pressing the windows start menu ) pc stops responding for a split second.

oh yea and my pc acts reallly slow under alot of load :<

spixel, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Windows takes a long time to boot up (From power button being pressed to Windows load...

Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time.

I turn on my computer and it boots up to the windows loading screen then it freezes. No loading dots just the logo. I press the reset button on my tower and then it boots up fine the second time no issues. Any suggestions on how to fix this? All the other
    topics on here seem to be people cant get into windows at all due to a freeze but I can just fine after a press of the reset button. Thanks everyone!

UsurperAdamas, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows takes a long time to boot up (From power button being pressed to Windows load...

1. Windows takes a long time to boot up (From power button being pressed to Windows load... - Similar Threads - takes long boot

2. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  3. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  4. Windows taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking long time to boot: Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue. I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work. I updated gpu...
  5. Account takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account takes a long time to load: When I turned on my PC it takes only about ten seconds to start and show the log in screen, but after I typed my password, it takes about one to two minutes to load my account which it used to do in ten seconds few days back. However I installed some programs earlier, but...
  6. Browers Taking a long time to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browers Taking a long time to load: I am needing a little help with a Windows 10 Dell laptop. It's a couple of year old machine, with a fresh wipe and install of Windows 10. The computer got hacked, and we had to start fresh. Everything seems to be working fine, except for internet browsing. When you try to...
  7. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: It's my first time asking a question here . Hope i get some answers. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1. My Windows 10 takes about 8 minutes too boot up My Notebook specifications are as follows. It is a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i3 4005U ,...
  8. My computer takes a long time to load up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer takes a long time to load up: Since the update for the stupid Microsoft Edge my computer now takes ages to load up when it used to be instant before. What happens now is that my computer will stay on the start up screen for absolutely ages then turn off and I have to manualy turn it on again at which...
  9. Windows 10 takes long time to boot

Windows 10 takes long time to boot: Hi, I had this problem since 2 days ago, it will take long time to boot and stuck on black screen with spinning circle for the longest time before I can sign in into my laptop. I have been trying to fix it with the internet help(windows 10 trouble shooting, reddit, etc)....
  10. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...