Windows 10: Windows takes about 1 minute to reconnect to wifi on Win 10 from sleep

Discus and support Windows takes about 1 minute to reconnect to wifi on Win 10 from sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Windows 8.1 pro, my computer would instantly connect to the wifi network from sleep. However, when I upgraded to windows 10 pro, the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nster, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Nster Win User

Windows takes about 1 minute to reconnect to wifi on Win 10 from sleep

On Windows 8.1 pro, my computer would instantly connect to the wifi network from sleep.

However, when I upgraded to windows 10 pro, the computer takes about 1 minute to reconnect to the network (which is very annoying).

I have turned off the "allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" option for my network adapter, but this does not change anything.

Does any body know how to fix this (or just prevent the computer from disconnecting from the network entirely during sleep as this is a desktop and I don't care about power management)

Thanks heaps in advanced!

:)

Nster, Nov 27, 2015

2. [Win 10] Device & Printers takes 1 minute (or 2) to open, Printers take 1 minute or 2 to just open properties or print or anything.

We have problems with our network printers and WINDOWS 10.

They are extremely slow to open dialogs and looks like the system is trying something and freeze the printing process and the access to the print server.

I installed 3 different new Win 10 machines (one VM, one XPS 13, and one HP laptop) in my network and all them are extremely slow to open printing properties or printing or connect them.

We have a Canon MFP, a Konica C227 and an HP 1536 connected to a Server 2008 machine in our domain and no matter if we install just one (any of them) the printing proccess is extremely erratic and slow.

Same network, same printers Any WINDOWS 7 or XP machine Print instantaneously and works as expected

I have been digging on the internet and a lot of users are experiencing the same but without any solution yet.

Some say there's a bug with realtek (but the VM doesn't have a sound card)

Some say there's a problem with the Bluetooth (but the VM doesn't have bluetooth)

Things I already tried.

- printing troubleshooter.

- Network repair and direct connection (same switch, several diferent switches)

- two different printing servers (server 2008 and server 2003 with diferent drivers)

- I reinstalled the 3 machines .

- I tried the latest drivers of all the printers.

Nothing works but Same network, same printers Any WINDOWS 7 or XP machine Print instantaneously and works as expected.

Help please.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Lopez Belenguer, Nov 27, 2015
  3. [Win 10] Device & Printers takes 1 minute (or 2) to open, Printers take 1 minute or 2 to just open properties or print or anything.

Hi Carlos,

Let's try these simple troubleshooting steps and see if it corrects the problem:

Method 1: Run “System Maintenance” to diagnose and fix the issue. Follow these steps:

a. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

b. From “Troubleshooting” windows click “View all” option from the left panel.

c. In the list of options, click on “System maintenance”.

d. Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Perform clean boot and check if the issue persists.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Refer to this
    article
    to perform clean boot.

Note: Refer to the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing
    the issue. Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Xtech Win User

Windows 10 Version of the network driver is not working completely; 1: wait for new driver to be published, 2: try installing Win8 or 8.1 version of driver, 3: don't use sleep/hibernate, it has always been buggy

Xtech, Nov 27, 2015
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    I experienced a similar thing to you on a HP laptop, however it wasn't just when returning from sleep, it also took a long time to connect to the internet when booting after it has been switched off for a while. For me I rectified it by doing the following:

1) Right-click the Start Button, go to Device Manager. Then right-click WiFi Network Adapter and select 'Uninstall'.

2) Shut down PC, connect it to the router with a LAN/Ethernet cable and boot Windows. Windows will then re-install the WiFi Network Adapter. You can check that it's re-installed it by looking in Device Manager.

3) Reconnect to the router over WiFi and re-enter password, etc.

Windows takes about 1 minute to reconnect to wifi on Win 10 from sleep [​IMG]

ARC1020, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows takes about 1 minute to reconnect to wifi on Win 10 from sleep - Similar Threads - takes minute reconnect

2. Sleep mode after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  3. Windows 11 Wifi is taking long time to reconnect after waking from sleep or restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Wifi is taking long time to reconnect after waking from sleep or restarting: When I had Windows 10 the wifi used to connect very quickly however since the update to Windows 11 I have had multiple errors. One of it was around the reconnection to Wifi has become too slow. I have to do it manually since it takes around 5 - 10 mins after waking from sleep...
  4. Windows 11 Wifi is taking long time to reconnect after waking from sleep or restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Wifi is taking long time to reconnect after waking from sleep or restarting: When I had Windows 10 the wifi used to connect very quickly however since the update to Windows 11 I have had multiple errors. One of it was around the reconnection to Wifi has become too slow. I have to do it manually since it takes around 5 - 10 mins after waking from sleep...
  5. Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with Intel core i3, 12 GB RAM and a 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language build 19043.1083It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to start every time. Tried enabling/disabling Fast startup, defragmented all drives,...
  6. Windows 10 takes about 5 minutes to start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 takes about 5 minutes to start: Hello, i had built a new computer in the month of July and installed windows 10 on it and since then i am receiving boot times of about 5 minutes. My Bios takes about 10 seconds. and after that the screen is just stuck on the welcome screen for a whole 5 minutes. I have tried...
  7. Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode: Hi All, every time i bring my computer out of sleep mode it does not reconnect to the wifi in my home. I have to manually open the wifi settings and press the connect button. I have checked the tab that says 'connect automatically' and it makes no difference. Does anyone else...
  8. After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect: After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever it is called it...
  9. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...
  10. Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes: When I open the lid on my laptop the lights all come on but then it takes 1 - 2 minutes for the desktop to appear. Just a black screen. I have it set to sleep when the lid closes. I did a factory install recovery and then put on Windows 10. I have checked all the...