Windows 10: Windows takes too long to boot

Discus and support Windows takes too long to boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, For more than a month, I've been experiencing exceedingly long boot times on my Windows 10 PC. At times it takes up to 5-7 minutes too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WasayKhan, Apr 12, 2021.

1. WasayKhan Win User

Windows takes too long to boot

Hey guys,

For more than a month, I've been experiencing exceedingly long boot times on my Windows 10 PC. At times it takes up to 5-7 minutes too load, and all I can see during that time is a black blank screen after the Windows logo disappears. Often even after it loads, the system is slow and unresponsive, with the icons not fully loaded on the taskbar and home screen. I've tried everything, disabling startup apps except the Windows Security icon, freeing up drive space, defragmenting it, no GUI boot, literally everything, but I'm still stuck with the same issue. This is NOT due to my hardware specs below as Windows 10 used to boot up okay, but over time it seems the lag keeps on increasing. It's just weird that PCs with half my specs can boot up Windows 7 smoothly in 2 minutes whereas mine struggles.

My specs:

Intel Core i5 3470

8 GB RAM DDR3

465.75 GB of HDD storage, divided into 3 partitions, each with a healthy amount of free space can't recall exactly the model of the HDD

Nvidia Quadro 2000 with 1 GB GDDR5 of VRAM.

Any help will be highly appreciated, can't bring myself to reinstall Windows all over again.

PS: All non-Microsoft services in System Configuration are already disabled.

:)

WasayKhan, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, Apr 12, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Windows takes too long to boot

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows takes too long to boot

1. Windows takes too long to boot - Similar Threads - takes too long

2. Diskpart takes too long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart takes too long?: So i was about to make a 100% clean install of Windows 10 and cleaned my 512GB drive with diskpart clean all. I read that it should take about an hour per 320GB, but it's been going for more than 3½ hours! According to the named 320GB/hr. about a terabyte should be cleaned by...
  3. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  4. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  5. Laptop takes too long to boot/shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes too long to boot/shutdown: English is not my first language, so I apologize for any grammar mistakes. This has been happening for a few weeks already. Whenever I turn my laptop on, it shows the Windows logo + loading circle as usual, then sits on a black screen for around 5-10 minutes until the locked...
  6. Boot takes too long after enabling Virtualization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot takes too long after enabling Virtualization: I'm setting up my Windows 10 PC for development environment with WSL2. After enabling Virtualization from BIOS, my PC boot now takes long. From 30 secs its now booting for 2 minutes or more. I already analyzed by system using the Windows Performance Toolkit, and it looks...
  7. Windows taking too long to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking too long to boot: This issue is happening for me for a while now, searched several sources, tried multiple solutions and no success so far. My Windows is taking a long time to boot, over 2 minutes. I have 2 computers here at home, the one that has this issue uses an NVMe SSD from Samsung (Evo...
  8. Update is taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54
  9. Windows 10 takes too long to boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes too long to boot.: I know this is a holiday weekend, but I'm set to start a new job working from home. Just as I'm about to go live I'm suddenly noticing that Windows 10 is taking 5 minutes or from turning it on to when I can actually use it. I've already done the basics by looking for malware,...
  10. Windows 10 taking too long to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking too long to boot: I know there are several threads by this name, but my problem, as far as I know, is quite peculiar and I haven't seen anything similar to this in any thread. Yesterday I did a clean install (actually I wiped the whole hard drive and converted it to MBR since it was in GPT and...