Windows 10: Windows takes too long to find "required files"

Discus and support Windows takes too long to find "required files" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; first. i want to turn on some windows features that by default it is turned off. so i turned it on and a dialog box said "Searching for required... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Reyynerp, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Reyynerp Win User

Windows takes too long to find "required files"

first. i want to turn on some windows features that by default it is turned off. so i turned it on and a dialog box said "Searching for required files". me then like "owh, ok it will take little bit of my time" but after long waiting. it is still said "searching for required files" it's been almost one hour. what do i need to do?

Windows takes too long to find "required files" [​IMG]

BTW This is never happened beforeyes first time it happened to my desktop

:)

Reyynerp, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 28, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows takes too long to find "required files" :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows takes too long to find "required files" - Similar Threads - takes too long

2. Unzipping Files in Windows 11 taking too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unzipping Files in Windows 11 taking too long: I have been trying to unzip files in my Windows 11 but it takes too long to unzip them even from 4-5 mb zip files. What could be the reason for that and how to fix it?...
  3. Unzipping Files in Windows 11 taking too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unzipping Files in Windows 11 taking too long: I have been trying to unzip files in my Windows 11 but it takes too long to unzip them even from 4-5 mb zip files. What could be the reason for that and how to fix it?...
  4. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  5. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  6. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  8. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  9. Direct X Searching required file taking too long

in Windows 10 Customization
    Direct X Searching required file taking too long: So I enabled direct x from windows feature but the searching required file is taking too long. right now it's nearly an hour. Im running windows 10: Any fix?[ATTACH]...
  10. writing of the Ascii files takes too long!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    writing of the Ascii files takes too long!!: hi! since few days ago, I had to use the app called fullprof to doing some calculations/refinements exactely as Chris described in this thread...