Windows 10: Windows takes up to an hour to boot

Discus and support Windows takes up to an hour to boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have reinstalled Windows on this machine, which solved the problem for a couple weeks. The computer itself works with no issue after it's up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lambmoreto, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Windows takes up to an hour to boot

I have reinstalled Windows on this machine, which solved the problem for a couple weeks. The computer itself works with no issue after it's up and running. It's still on an HDD, which doesn't appear to have errors, but I'll run a chkdsk to be sure. I've changed the SATA cable to port 0, but that also made no difference. RAM is totally fine, even swapped slots in case this motherboard was picky, but again, no difference.

I assume this is a problem with windows itself. I'm waiting for the PC to boot right now, but I'm going to run a boot trace after it's done.

Note, this isn't a "too many startup items issue", the system stays on the Windows logo with the spinning circles for almost an hour.

Any other ideas?

submitted by /u/lambmoreto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lambmoreto, Oct 23, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 23, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Windows takes up to an hour to boot

freaksavior, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows takes up to an hour to boot

1. Windows takes up to an hour to boot - Similar Threads - takes hour boot

2. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  3. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  4. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc taking 17 hours to boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc taking 17 hours to boot.: My pc is 3 years old and has 1 HD in it that isnt being recognised by windows anymore but I dont know what to do aboit it and on the first 3 months of usage it randomly decided it was going to take 30 minutes to boot. Ok by me, I can wait. Fast forward to now I was updating...
  6. Pc taking 17 hours to boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc taking 17 hours to boot.: My pc is 3 years old and has 1 HD in it that isnt being recognised by windows anymore but I dont know what to do aboit it and on the first 3 months of usage it randomly decided it was going to take 30 minutes to boot. Ok by me, I can wait. Fast forward to now I was updating...
  7. Pc taking 17 hours to boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Takes 4 hours to boot on a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Takes 4 hours to boot on a SSD: Hello, before I start, here’s my hardware info: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 Ryzen 5 3600 G.Skill Sniper X 8GB (single stick) RTX 2060 Super rm550 860 Evo 1TB I’m currently having an issue where Windows 10 would take literally 4 hours to boot, as shown here...
  9. Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up

Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up: Hopefully someone can point me the right direction here, about a week ago Windows started taking a very long time to boot up, after powering on and off a few times during this boot, an option was presented to fix windows and lose all of my apps/programs I did this and Windows...
  10. Boot up takes 2 hours!

Boot up takes 2 hours!: Alright so after long hours of research I have narrowed down y problem. Long story short I messed with the permissions of my C:\Windows directory and sure enough it has caused issues. Now my computer when powering on will show a light blue screen with spinning dots for hours...