Windows 10: Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen

Discus and support Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, We've now had a three laptops (HP but completely different models) go from working completely normally to having major problems with no obvious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenGibb- [O365], May 2, 2019.

1. Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen

Hi,

We've now had a three laptops (HP but completely different models) go from working completely normally to having major problems with no obvious root cause.

The latest laptop to have this happened this morning and I see no Windows Updates or HP Updates for yesterday or the previous few days.

The laptops take 30 to 50 minutes to load the login screen from power on. Once logged in numerous services are not running, including not being able to view wifi networks. These services will happily start if clicked to start from Services in Control Panel. Event Log shows multiple services failing to start during the long boot up.

After manually starting these failed automatic start services the computer for the most part seems to be working, apart from being completely unable to type anything into the Cortana search bar. There may be other issues that I've not yet come across, but certainly nothing obvious. The same problems happens every time it is booted up now.

I've tried running DISM.exe and SFC.exe. SFC reported issues and that they were repaired. I've also switched off fast booting. The boot time has reduced by 20 minutes, but it still takes 30 minutes and the services not running and Cortana search problems remain.

I found the following thread on another website which describes the exact same issue. Nobody seems to have an answer there.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/windows-10-long-boot-time-20-minutes.3449257/

I do not believe it is a hardware issue, as when we've run the hardware scan in the past it passes all the tests. HP are not interested in assisting when there is no hardware fault.

Any ideas of

• why this is happening?
    • how to resolve it without a full reset on Windows (which going by the thread on TomsHardware doesn't permanently fix it anyway)?

Thanks!

Stephen.

:)

StephenGibb- [O365], May 2, 2019

2. Windows 7 taking 30 to boot

Tried all suggested.

No difference, still taking 30 minutes to boot.

Alan Frith, May 2, 2019
  3. Windows 7 taking 30 to boot

Hi,

My windows 7 software is taking 30 minutes to boot.

Once the system has booted I have no problems.

If I put the system to sleep it opens up with no problem

but if I shut the system down completely and then try

re-booting it always takes 30 minutes to re-boot.

Alan Frith, May 2, 2019
  4. amitg43 Win User

Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

A correction: Windows Repair Tool is available at tweaking.com and NOT tweak.com. Regret the error.

amitg43, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen

1. Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen - Similar Threads - taking minutes boot

2. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  3. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  4. Windows 10 takes 2 minutes to boot on this screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 takes 2 minutes to boot on this screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZalsusBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k09xpo/windows_10_takes_2_minutes_to_boot_on_this_screen/
  5. Windows 10 "Welcome" screen after login takes 10+ minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 "Welcome" screen after login takes 10+ minutes: Hi, my computer can take up to 15 minutes to load properly, and it's really annoying. I tried "sfc /scannow" (3 times), but it found nothing wrong. What else should I try? submitted by /u/sdasda7777 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows boot up takes 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boot up takes 30 minutes: Hey guys, I have a problem with system Boot. Last months i have a problem booting my PC, it takes more than 20 minutes to boot up. It used to do this only when the computer was restarted, now it always happens when I turn on the computer. Here is link with System Summary...
  7. Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes): Hello, i want to ask about my laptop that run on windows 10 home, version 1803. I just bought this new laptop, at first it was fine, but after about a week it started to have problem that it takes time too long than normal when it is restarted or booted. I have tried multiple...
  8. windows take 30 minute for start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows take 30 minute for start-up: Hi my pc tack up 30 minute for start I have i7 7700 + h110+hdd 750g+hdd 1t +gtx650 -- i install another windows and download new windows iso + update windows+update bios and delete all partition and check disk andThe problem still exists i open "Event...
  9. Shutdown takes 30 minutes and boot is normal, what is causing it ?

Shutdown takes 30 minutes and boot is normal, what is causing it ?: So as the title says, when i want to shutdown or restart my pc it stays on "shutdown" screen for well 30 minutes, i need some help figuring out what causes it. I thought of reinstalling windows but i guess since booting is fine that i don't need to do that. I use laptop...
  10. Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen: I have Win 10 x64 Pro and this is on a new PC and a fresh install using UEFI option to install Windows. Initially the PC would start up lighting fast (at the login screen in no more than 10 seconds, maybe less), but it has suddenly become very slow. It's not the BIOS, as I...