Windows 10: windows taking ages to boot.

Discus and support windows taking ages to boot. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have had this problem for about a day now. whenever i boot onto windows its fine, i enter in my password. it seems to take a bit longer than usual to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PCMRkid, Mar 18, 2021.

1. windows taking ages to boot.

i have had this problem for about a day now. whenever i boot onto windows its fine, i enter in my password. it seems to take a bit longer than usual to load on (now about 30 seconds compared to 5).

and, when it finally gets in, its just a grey screen for 20 minutes, then all the icons appear and i can use it. i have tried moving my mouse cursor around to see of there was anything else, but just an empty grey screen. i can however open task manager with CTRL + ALT + DEL, but nothing else.

i have also seen other people with the same issue as me. any ideas?

EDIT: i finally booted in, and i checked my version and its 1909. would updating this help?

submitted by /u/PCMRkid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PCMRkid, Mar 18, 2021
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 18, 2021
  4. windows taking ages to boot.

Sleep takes ages to awake

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation . Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

windows taking ages to boot.

1. windows taking ages to boot. - Similar Threads - taking ages boot

2. Windows takes ages to start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows takes ages to start up: I have an NVME SSD for my OS, and yet my operating system takes 3,5 maybe even 10-15 minutes to start up. The scrolling wheel will get stuck for a minute or so, then go again, and then stop again rinse and repeat for the random timeframe of start up. I recently installed a...
  3. Windows takes ages to start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows takes ages to start up: I have an NVME SSD for my OS, and yet my operating system takes 3,5 maybe even 10-15 minutes to start up. The scrolling wheel will get stuck for a minute or so, then go again, and then stop again rinse and repeat for the random timeframe of start up. I recently installed a...
  4. Windows 10 taking ages to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taking ages to boot: I cannotunderstand why suddenly my PC does not boot at all when switched on. Instead, just a green LED lights up on thefront panel and then, after an hour or so, the operating system boots itself! But then the mouse is inoperative. The cursor remains fixed in one corner...
  5. Downloading windows 10 taking ages!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading windows 10 taking ages!: I want to download windows 10 to my USB through my chromebook and it is downloading but its going to take 4 hours is there any way to speed up the process or is this normal? And will this work to install windows 10 into a PC?...
  6. Windows takes ages to log me in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes ages to log me in: I have logged in with my Microsoft account and set a pin. I noticed this happens whenever an update is downloaded (not necessarily installed). How can I solve this? For the record, I'm on an ssd and have little to no programs that boot with the OS. My pc automatically...
  7. Windows Explorer takes ages to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer takes ages to load: Up until yesterday, Windows Explorer was running fine. Then I accidentally downloaded some adware which must have changed things up a bit. I managed to get rid of the adware, but did so using a program called Revo Uninstaller. Once it had uninstalled the adware, I...
  8. Windows Update Cleanup taking ages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Update Cleanup taking ages: I clicked the button to include Windows Update Cleanup to recover a few Gb of HD space. It's been going for about 4hrs so far with seemingly little signs of progress. Could I cancel and forget about it or let the Cleanup run its course? 115723
  9. Checking for updates taking ages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking for updates taking ages: Win 10 machine. Got it yesterday, it was checking for updates fine last night. In this evening and I thought I'd do a manual check but it's been running as checking for updates about 15 mins now. Is this normal. There is no way to cancel the check and kick it back off acain...
  10. W10TP Takes ages to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10TP Takes ages to install: Since I have a 75/75 connection, I thought I'd install it but it takes ages with me only getting 80 to 150 KB/second. Why is this? 3799