Windows 10: Windows taking long time to boot

Discus and support Windows taking long time to boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Satyam Kaushik, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Windows taking long time to boot

Hii ,

My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue.

I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work.

I updated gpu driver it won't work.

I ran malicious software removal tool but it won't work.

Please help if some other changes in can make or I'm planning to reset the windows which will remove all my data :

:)

Satyam Kaushik, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 taking long time to Boot

Hi Arjan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As the system is taking a long time to boot up, follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Method 2: Perform a Startup Repair.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2021
  4. shubhzr Win User

Windows taking long time to boot

Windows 10 taking too long to boot.

few days back I updated my pc to windows 10 although features are good, but its taking too much time for booting.

it takes around 5 mins to start its so irritating and same takes too long to log off.

anyone with the same problem?

please give suggestions.

thanks

shubhzr, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows taking long time to boot

1. Windows taking long time to boot - Similar Threads - taking long boot

2. Laptop takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop takes a long time to boot: Hello, My laptop takes from 10 to 20 minutes till it turns on. Almost all start up apps are disabled I tried a whole scan and there were no threats I tried clean up and desk fragmentationAnd lastly I reset my device by deleting everything and reinstalled the windows from...
  3. Laptop taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop taking long time to boot: I have Lenovo Z50-70, WIN 10 I recently found that my laptop taking time for the booting. In addition, many times it hangs suddenly. The boot problem was seen whenever I connect the projector, DINSHI INFINIX+ NVDIA control panel also dose not work. Please help...
  4. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: It's my first time asking a question here . Hope i get some answers. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1. My Windows 10 takes about 8 minutes too boot up My Notebook specifications are as follows. It is a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i3 4005U ,...
  5. Windows 10 (2004) takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 (2004) takes a long time to boot: I have a windows install I occasionally use for some software and gaming but it will sit at the blue spinning circle screen before loading the lock screen for a good minute or two on boot. Ive checked my hard drive’s SMART values and it is in good working order. I don’t know...
  6. Windows 10 takes long time to boot

Windows 10 takes long time to boot: Hi, I had this problem since 2 days ago, it will take long time to boot and stuck on black screen with spinning circle for the longest time before I can sign in into my laptop. I have been trying to fix it with the internet help(windows 10 trouble shooting, reddit, etc)....
  7. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0
  8. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...
  9. Dual boot startup takes long time

Dual boot startup takes long time: Started with a dual boot Windows 7 pro / XP HP Elite 8300. Upgraded Windows 7 to 10 and now it seems to take forever for the boot menu to show up. I can hit restart, it shuts down then just sits there doing nothing for several minutes. No hard drive activity, no video just...
  10. Windows Boot/Shutdown randomly taking a long time.

Windows Boot/Shutdown randomly taking a long time.: Hi. I installed Windows 10 Pro on my new computer (self-built) the other week. It's been running very nicely, very very quick. Well, it all seemed to be working OK at least, until a few days ago it randomly started to hang when I was shutting the computer down. And it's done...