Windows 10: Windows taking more space than usual

Discus and support Windows taking more space than usual in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear all,I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I found in an answer in the Microsoft community that usually windows 10 takes up to 20 GB of space in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arjun.Jana, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Windows taking more space than usual

Dear all,I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I found in an answer in the Microsoft community that usually windows 10 takes up to 20 GB of space in the drives. But in my system, it is showing it takes 29GB. How I can get rid of this extra 9GB ?

:)

Arjun.Jana, Jul 17, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Jul 17, 2022
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CWindows taking more space than usual :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 17, 2022
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows taking more space than usual

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows taking more space than usual

1. Windows taking more space than usual - Similar Threads - taking more space

2. System restore is taking more space than the configured limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore is taking more space than the configured limit: Today I saw that system restore is taking more space than the limit that I configured. Before it was lower than the limit. What is problem with system restore and how can I fix it?...
  3. System restore is taking more space than the configured limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore is taking more space than the configured limit: Today I saw that system restore is taking more space than the limit that I configured. Before it was lower than the limit. What is problem with system restore and how can I fix it?...
  4. Files taking up more space than they should.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files taking up more space than they should.: So when i download files, or pick files from my old computer to the one i am using now, the files take up more space than they should, and my disk storage seemingly keeps decreasing alone, the problem seems to be fixed when i delete the file, however the extra storage space...
  5. Files taking up more space than they should.

Files taking up more space than they should.: So when i download files, or pick files from my old computer to the one i am using now, the files take up more space than they should, and my disk storage seemingly keeps decreasing alone, the problem seems to be fixed when i delete the file, however the extra storage space...
  6. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  7. Windows taking more space than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows taking more space than usual: Dear all,I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I found in an answer in the Microsoft community that usually windows 10 takes up to 20 GB of space in the drives. But in my system, it is showing it takes 29GB. How I can get rid of this extra 9GB ?...
  8. Windows taking more space than usual

Windows taking more space than usual: Dear all,I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I found in an answer in the Microsoft community that usually windows 10 takes up to 20 GB of space in the drives. But in my system, it is showing it takes 29GB. How I can get rid of this extra 9GB ?...
  9. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...
  10. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...