Windows 10: Windows taking too long at startup

Discus and support Windows taking too long at startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been facing a problem with windows recenty, it takes way too long to boot then it used to, this started a few days ago now it takes amost 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MysteriousK, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Windows taking too long at startup

I have been facing a problem with windows recenty, it takes way too long to boot then it used to, this started a few days ago now it takes amost 10 minutes. Even after it starts all the desktop icons and taskbar icons take another 5 minutes to show up.

:)

MysteriousK, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 18, 2020
  3. zinou Win User
    Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init

Hi,

Your boot trace shows that your logon phase took 31s, and 26s was spent loading your user profile.

Windows taking too long at startup [​IMG]

There is a lot of CPU and disk activities there, generated by the svchost (1580) process.

A quick look at its call stack shows that it's spending most of its time loading the user profile, reading the C:\Users\heinl\Appdata\local\Temp\ path content.

I suggest you delete all the C:\Users\heinl\Appdata\local\Temp\ content, restart your computer and see if it helps.otherwise, you can create a new user profile as suggested by @dalchina

zinou, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Windows taking too long at startup

It take too long to boot in my windows 10

Hi,

The reason that the system takes too long for it to boot might be due to the Startup items running in Windows10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Please answer to a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Which update are you referring to?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to disable the Startup items and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Task Manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del.
    • Click the Startup tab and look through the list of programs that are enabled to run during startup. Then to stop them from running, right-click the program and select
      Disable.
    You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      Yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Do let us know whether the computer boots faster after following the above steps.
    If the issue still persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows taking too long at startup

1. Windows taking too long at startup - Similar Threads - taking too long

2. Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init: My laptop with Windows 10 1909 used to show desktop immediately after typing in the password. Recently after doing updates, it takes about 25 seconds to get to desktop after entering password. Laptop is using NVME drive. I have traced the boot using WPR and couldn't figure...
  3. Windows Taking Too Long to Restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Taking Too Long to Restart.: Hello, I recently realized that restarting takes longer than shutting my laptop down and turning it on again. It even works slower at the beginning when restarting it. The laptop is just half a year old. Laptop is fine it is working very good for its specifications but I just...
  4. Update taking too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update taking too long: I just got a new Lenovo 330, had problems with CPU usage so I searched it up and it said that it needed updates. So I started updating, about 8 updates downloaded so I restarted it nothing out of the usual but then it had another 6 updates on the wait, specially one that took...
  5. Windows taking too long to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking too long to boot: This issue is happening for me for a while now, searched several sources, tried multiple solutions and no success so far. My Windows is taking a long time to boot, over 2 minutes. I have 2 computers here at home, the one that has this issue uses an NVMe SSD from Samsung (Evo...
  6. Startup is taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup is taking too long: Recently I turned my Toshiba Satellite laptop off incorrectly by pressing the power button for a hard shutdown. Once I turned it back on, it went straight into scan and repair mode for the C drive. That process took over 6 hours to complete. Once I got to the sign in screen,...
  7. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: My windows is updating . But its been like 2 hrs it has stopped in 15% . The white dots are still spinning but not increasing the update. Should i wait longer or try to restart.??...
  8. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54
  9. Windows taking too long to load

Windows taking too long to load: I am a bit perplexed and confused whether this issue is a software issue or a hardware issue! *Confused From power on to working desktop it takes about 15 to 20 minutes! I updated from Windows 7 HP 64bit to Windows 10 Home Free when it was available and then to Windows 10...
  10. Sign-in in Settings takes too long?

Sign-in in Settings takes too long?: Hello Just wonder if you guys noticed that but at least on my computer it takes about 15-20 seconds to open sign-in in settings. Now everything else works perfectly, computer is super fast, no errors (except 7031), currently I'm on fresh install. I disabled the sign-in...