Windows 10: Windows taking too long at startup

Discus and support Windows taking too long at startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been facing a problem with windows recenty, it takes way too long to boot then it used to, this started a few days ago now it takes amost 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MysteriousK, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Windows taking too long at startup

I have been facing a problem with windows recenty, it takes way too long to boot then it used to, this started a few days ago now it takes amost 10 minutes. Even after it starts all the desktop icons and taskbar icons take another 5 minutes to show up.

:)

MysteriousK, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 18, 2020
  3. zinou Win User
    Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init

Hi,

Your boot trace shows that your logon phase took 31s, and 26s was spent loading your user profile.

Windows taking too long at startup [​IMG]

There is a lot of CPU and disk activities there, generated by the svchost (1580) process.

A quick look at its call stack shows that it's spending most of its time loading the user profile, reading the C:\Users\heinl\Appdata\local\Temp\ path content.

I suggest you delete all the C:\Users\heinl\Appdata\local\Temp\ content, restart your computer and see if it helps.otherwise, you can create a new user profile as suggested by @dalchina

zinou, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Windows taking too long at startup

It take too long to boot in my windows 10

Hi,

The reason that the system takes too long for it to boot might be due to the Startup items running in Windows10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Please answer to a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Which update are you referring to?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to disable the Startup items and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Task Manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del.
    • Click the Startup tab and look through the list of programs that are enabled to run during startup. Then to stop them from running, right-click the program and select
      Disable.
    You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      Yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Do let us know whether the computer boots faster after following the above steps.
    If the issue still persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows taking too long at startup

1. Windows taking too long at startup - Similar Threads - taking too long

2. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  3. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  4. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  5. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  6. startup and restart taking too long windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup and restart taking too long windows 11: I installed Windows 11 over a week ago after 8 tries; microsoft had to do it by clean install. Nothing but problems since. Now my startup or restart taking 20 minutes. Every tech I speak to does something different for hours but there are always new problems afterward. One...
  7. startup and restart taking too long windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    startup and restart taking too long windows 11: I installed Windows 11 over a week ago after 8 tries; microsoft had to do it by clean install. Nothing but problems since. Now my startup or restart taking 20 minutes. Every tech I speak to does something different for hours but there are always new problems afterward. One...
  8. Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init: My laptop with Windows 10 1909 used to show desktop immediately after typing in the password. Recently after doing updates, it takes about 25 seconds to get to desktop after entering password. Laptop is using NVME drive. I have traced the boot using WPR and couldn't figure...
  9. Startup is taking too long

Startup is taking too long: Recently I turned my Toshiba Satellite laptop off incorrectly by pressing the power button for a hard shutdown. Once I turned it back on, it went straight into scan and repair mode for the C drive. That process took over 6 hours to complete. Once I got to the sign in screen,...
  10. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54