Windows 10: Windows taking up 653 GB?

Discus and support Windows taking up 653 GB? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While I was using my desktop, I see a notification saying that my storage was almost full. Last time I checked, which was a month ago, I had plenty of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rohit_00, May 4, 2020.

1. Rohit_00 Win User

Windows taking up 653 GB?

While I was using my desktop, I see a notification saying that my storage was almost full. Last time I checked, which was a month ago, I had plenty of storage. And now I only have 50 GB left? I haven't installed anything that was huge and the numbers in the "Programs" tab weren't adding up to 600 GB. But then in System and Reserved, I see Windows's System Files taking up 653 GB, do I need a fresh install of Windows to fix this? Or are there any previous temp files that are creating a huge cluster.

Windows taking up 653 GB? 021e95bc-c995-4d30-8316-b1e7a8ad84d5?upload=true.png

Window's should have been between 40-60 GB, why did it go to 600?

:)

Rohit_00, May 4, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 4, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 4, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows taking up 653 GB? - Similar Threads - taking 653

2. onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...: when I use "prt sc" to take a screenshot of my screen, so that it is saved automatically in onedrive, the Snipping tool opens. How do I differentiate screenshot snipping tools and onedrive hotkeys?...
  3. onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...: when I use "prt sc" to take a screenshot of my screen, so that it is saved automatically in onedrive, the Snipping tool opens. How do I differentiate screenshot snipping tools and onedrive hotkeys?...
  4. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  5. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  6. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

7. Cleared pc not taking windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleared pc not taking windows 10: I’m using an Atari vcs and I just upgraded to the 456 GB ssd and have been trying to install windows on it, in the process of doing so I ended up formatting every partition and deleting them all, now when I try to install windows 10 using the boot usb drive from Microsoft it...
  8. Cleared pc not taking windows 10

Cleared pc not taking windows 10: I’m using an Atari vcs and I just upgraded to the 456 GB ssd and have been trying to install windows on it, in the process of doing so I ended up formatting every partition and deleting them all, now when I try to install windows 10 using the boot usb drive from Microsoft it...
  9. Cleared pc not taking windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Whats taking up this much storage?

Whats taking up this much storage?: My name is Aiden and im just a typical gamer and i realized that my computer is so laggy. I just got this computer on Christmas and today when i checked it said my installed apps in settings are using 100gb. I couldn't find the app that was using this much storage. The app...