Windows 10: Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

Discus and support Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by s_seal, Aug 11, 2022.

1. s_seal Win User

Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty good laptop too Dell inspiron2n1 7306. I believe this has caused some other issues too. Any ideas? - ive tried most of the things on google.

:)

s_seal, Aug 11, 2022

2. Physical Memory Problem WIndows 10 Consume Lot of Ram

I already ask a Question my laptop take lot of memory to operate it always show less than 3 GB of ram and according to my research windows 10 take maximum to maximum 300 MBs to 500 MBs but my windows 10 consume 1 GB ram

link(Redirecting)

but the Advisor Doesn't give any suitable advise of this issue please any one help

BilalAnsari47, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Je_mezu24 Win User
    Windows 10 & Problems With System and Compressed Memory Taking Up All Of The Computer's RAM

Ive also already ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool hundreds to thousands of times every time System and Compressed Memory is shown to be using all of my computer's RAM/Memory and it too has stated that there are no problems with my computer's Memory/RAM either.
    I've also ran it after many restarts to clear up System and Compressed Memory so that it isn't using all of my computer's Memory/RAM until the next time it does it again and again. It's always after a few hours of use with the computer and it doesn't matter
    if anything is being used or if the computer is idle. It is even worse directly after waking the computer up from it going to Windows 10's login screen or should I say the pictured (screensaver) screen.

I can easily post a screenshot taken with my iPad of the fact that the Memory Diagnostic Tool shows that there is no memory problems whatsoever either!

Je_mezu24, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

Windows 10 & Problems With System and Compressed Memory Taking Up All Of The Computer's RAM

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to run memory diagnostics tool and check if it helps.

Memory diagnostics tool will detects possible problems with your computer’s memory, it will prompt you to run the Memory Diagnostics Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Memory Diagnostic in the search area in the task bar and select
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Select Restart now and check for problem.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Redirecting

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue, We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Santosh_Rai, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

1. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory - Similar Threads - taking lots RAM

2. windows command processor takes up a lot of ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows command processor takes up a lot of ram: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qjSUl9OVadS0l8PkH_KAigpCdSmTc78b/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-command-processor-takes-up-a-lot-of-ram/6e585dc7-722a-45e5-9a54-95428584e86b
  3. windows command processor takes up a lot of ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows command processor takes up a lot of ram: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qjSUl9OVadS0l8PkH_KAigpCdSmTc78b/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-command-processor-takes-up-a-lot-of-ram/6e585dc7-722a-45e5-9a54-95428584e86b
  4. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory: Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty good laptop too Dell inspiron2n1 7306. I believe this has caused some other issues too. Any ideas? - ive tried most of the...
  5. Service Host taking up lots of memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host taking up lots of memory: I am unsure what is wrong with my laptop however Service Host is taking up almost 40% of my memory without anything else other than chrome open and I am unsure why.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit...
  6. Service Host taking up lots of memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host taking up lots of memory: I am unsure what is wrong with my laptop however Service Host is taking up almost 40% of my memory without anything else other than chrome open and I am unsure why.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit...
  7. Explorer.exe is taking a lot of ram memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe is taking a lot of ram memory: So lately when I open task manager I click on memory so I see whats taking the most memory and what I'm seeing is this So please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-is-taking-a-lot-of-ram-memory/51e5025b-99b0-4ac0-b10d-ee3cfb38ab6e
  8. explorer.exe taking a lot of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe taking a lot of RAM: Hello, explorer.exe is taking a huge amount of RAM nearly 700kb, and I don't know why, I don't know what it does. I only have 8gb ram on my computer, and I feel like this is seriously impacting my PC performance when playing video games for example. Does anyone know what it...
  9. Antimalware taking up a lot of RAM and disk space

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware taking up a lot of RAM and disk space: I was checking task manager and my antimalware started taking up a lot of RAM and disk space and I couldn't run any applications. I ran windows defender offline scan and it still went on. What do I do?...
  10. softwaredistribution.bak folder takes a lot of memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    softwaredistribution.bak folder takes a lot of memory: The softwaredistribution.bak folder on Win 10 takes 11.2 gb of memory and the windows folder takes a whole of 34.2 gb. I have a 128 ssd and this is taking a lot of space, I don't think it should take this much space. I'm thinking of deleting the backup folder, is it alright?...