Windows 10: Windows Task bar and borders colour change post update 07/08/20

Discus and support Windows Task bar and borders colour change post update 07/08/20 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I updated my windows 10 last night and when I turned my PC back on the task bar and windows borders had be reset to default white. I previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RourkeA, Aug 8, 2020.

1. RourkeA Win User

Windows Task bar and borders colour change post update 07/08/20

Hi,

I updated my windows 10 last night and when I turned my PC back on the task bar and windows borders had be reset to default white.

I previously had them as a low intensity, transparent red colour however I cannot get back to how it was, I have enabled "transparency effects", set my colour back to dark mode and changed the colour however this still brings a taskbar and window border which is much more intense and less transparent than what I previously had and I have no idea how to get back to those colours!

Please Help!

Alex

:)

RourkeA, Aug 8, 2020

2. windows task bar colour change

I want to change windows task bar colour, when im changing all folders colours also changing.. . I want to change task bar colour only, Pls help

Najeeb P Jamal, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Changing the task bar accent colour

After updating to build 1903, I'm trying to change the accent colour for the taskbar. There are 2 options under "Show the accent colour on the following surfaces". I can select the "Title bars and window borders" option OK but the "Start, taskbar and
    action centre" option is greyed out and I can't select it. Why not?

RonWalker110, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Fenestrix Win User

Independent taskbar and window border colours?

One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no reason whatsoever why this has to be so - XP offered far, far more flexibility in this respect.

As far as I can see, we still have the same situation with Windows 10. It appears to be impossible to have the taskbar a different colour to the active window title bar and border. It is even impossible to get the taskbar to be a solid colour - it is always transparent. There is not even a Windows 7-like opacity control. A massive step backwards in user personalisation control.

And why doe the window border have to be so thin? I can hardly see it at all.

Fenestrix, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Task bar and borders colour change post update 07/08/20 - Similar Threads - Task bar borders

2. Changing colours of the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing colours of the Task Bar: I am trying to change the colour of my Taskbar etc but when I am on the Personalize/Colors screen the Start, taskbar, and action center" check box is gray which indicates that I can not check this box. What setting is controlling this check box?,...
  3. windows task bar colour change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows task bar colour change: I want to change windows task bar colour, when im changing all folders colours also changing.. . I want to change task bar colour only, Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-task-bar-colour-change/3031cbcd-3790-48f8-bb83-f6f0b5024daf
  4. Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?: Is there a way of changing the colour of ONLY the title bars OR the window borders? In the latest update, they seem to have changed it so that both are changed together I usually have it blue but having this colour obscures the options to the top left and having it white...
  5. task bar colour

task bar colour: The colour of my task bar has changed to grey and I can't get it back to black. 140956
  6. Colour change on Task Bar.

Colour change on Task Bar.: I updated my windows 10 yesterday and now my task bar has gone back to the 1990! I have googled instructions on how to change it but my Start, taskbar, and action center is not clickable. Any help apreciated. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  7. Changing the task bar accent colour

Changing the task bar accent colour: After updating to build 1903, I'm trying to change the accent colour for the taskbar. There are 2 options under "Show the accent colour on the following surfaces". I can select the "Title bars and window borders" option OK but the "Start, taskbar and action centre" option...
  8. Latest update 07/20/2018

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update 07/20/2018: Computer just updated and a site that I use all the time for business will no longer open or work on chrome, Mozilla, or Edge. I does work on Tor and other computers at two different locations so I know the problem is Windows 10 and the newest update. I just turned off...
  9. Separate task bar & window colours?

Separate task bar & window colours?: OK, so I have installed Win10 (9926) from the ISO image, and managed to customise it a bit, but there are still some annoyances, like... ... the taskbar colour (thankfully opaque in Win10) and the windows title bar colours are always the same. I hate that. Why can I not...
  10. Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars

Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars: Hi, I've been using the Aerolite theme as soon as I discovered it, as I couldn't stand white windows overlaying white windows. So I didn't know MS has added narrow borders and coloured title bars. So if you've been using that theme- well, it seems it's not needed now. And...