Windows 10: Windows task bar keeps resizing

Discus and support Windows task bar keeps resizing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows taskbar keeps resizing itself. I have it set to be on the left on the smallest size but it will regularly adjust itself to be a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DevonWitol, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Windows task bar keeps resizing

My windows taskbar keeps resizing itself. I have it set to be on the left on the smallest size but it will regularly adjust itself to be a little wider. I have noticed it will sometime do this when I use full screen applications and it seems to always do this when I switch between accounts on my computer. The taskbar is locked and I have it set the same on both the accounts I use on this computer.

:)

DevonWitol, Sep 15, 2021
  2. 4DJeanC Win User

Resizing Task bar in touch screen

How can I resize the task bar on windows 10 touch screen?

4DJeanC, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Task bar resize

I didn't know that there was a double bar between task view and my applications when I dragged it and held it down my taskbar went up a half inch. I can't put my mouse on the edge of the taskbar and resize there because of that double
    bar. I don't know how to resize it back without it having to take up 1/8 of my screen.

If you don't know here's a picture Screenshot

Xeon Network, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Windows task bar keeps resizing

Task bar keeps moving

Hi Timbo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help.

The issue might have been caused if the ‘Auto-hide’ task bar option got checked. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps to disable auto hide task bar.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a uncheck mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Also check the option “task bar location on the screen” need to select “bottom”.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows task bar keeps resizing

1. Windows task bar keeps resizing - Similar Threads - task bar keeps

2. Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing: Hi, when I start my PC it loads everything fine until i put my password in the login screen: in that moment my desktop starts refreshing and I can see nothing but if I wait it loads successfully and i can use my pc with no issue.I already tried all the solution on the same...
  3. Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing: Hi, when I start my PC it loads everything fine until i put my password in the login screen: in that moment my desktop starts refreshing and I can see nothing but if I wait it loads successfully and i can use my pc with no issue.I already tried all the solution on the same...
  4. Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Resizing the Projection Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing the Projection Bar: [ATTACH] How do I resize this bar??? It's driving me nuts as it occupies so much space on the screen. It sticks out like a sore thumb... Please help. https://preview.redd.it/971wora0dkj61.png?width=1360&format=png&auto=webp&s=156007d96efaf6d135e01349f7f0c083b9e4358a...
  6. task bar isnt resizeing

task bar isnt resizeing: Hello my taskbar isnt resizeing and its unlocked an i reset the computer twice and its not working‍ help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-isnt-resizeing/70a6cd70-cf64-48dc-938f-0c62c745517d
  7. Desktop and task bar keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and task bar keeps restarting: Hi, It has been few days since this is happening that the desktop screen totally goes off amd then comes back in 2 3 seconds. Its like hiccups to the pc. This problem started when first after switching on my pc it took too long to open and thn directly this thing started...
  8. Task bar resizing itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar resizing itself: Hello, the taskbar resizes itself whenever I turn my screen on, and sometimes after a full screen program. I have locked it at the size I want but that hasn't helped. I found this method to fix it....
  9. Task Bar keeps refreshing

Task Bar keeps refreshing: My taskbar keeps refreshing every few minutes. It won't let me click the Wi-Fi icon. Also, I have been trying to fix it for about a month. I cannot find anything that is using alot of CPU. Please help....
  10. task bar keeps collapsing to one task tall

task bar keeps collapsing to one task tall: I adjust the task bar to be two tasks tall and then lock it. As soon as the computer reboots, it is back to one task tall and locked. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-keeps-collapsing-to-one-task-tall/2f4dcccb-418b-40cc-a778-27ffef099c01