Windows 10: Windows Task Bar Not Responding

Discus and support Windows Task Bar Not Responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a week ago, I went to go click my windows button at the bottom left corner of my screen and it just froze and I shut my computer off and turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ethan Minner, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Windows Task Bar Not Responding

About a week ago, I went to go click my windows button at the bottom left corner of my screen and it just froze and I shut my computer off and turned it back on and now the whole taskbar is broken. I've already tried the whole task prompt thingy and the "resetting windows explorer". Is there another way to fix it? Or is it time for a new computer? Also, some apps, like groove music and settings won't open.

:)

Ethan Minner, Mar 10, 2019

2. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Anna Hahn Win User
    Throttlestop obsidian not showing readouts in task bar

Hello

I had the previous version of throttlestop installed on a surface pro running windows 10 and it was working beautifully but now I am having trouble getting throttlestop to show temp/cpu reporting in the windows task bar. I have 'Task Bar' checked in the main window but still nothing appears. The check boxes within Options for Notification Area such as CPU Temp and CPU Mhz do not respond when clicked. Am i missing something/is there something else I need to do in order to get throttlestop obsidian to report to the task bar?

Thanks so much!

Anna Hahn, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Windows Task Bar Not Responding

Task Bar is not Responding

My task bar is not working..icons are there but they are not responding..even the windows icon at bottom left is not responding....everything excluding applications icon on task bar is not working..i.e they are not pooping up..like i want to see my notifications
    but that is not responding same for battery icon and others.

UsamaBin Khalid, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Task Bar Not Responding

1. Windows Task Bar Not Responding - Similar Threads - Task Bar Responding

2. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  3. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  4. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar doesn't respond on hover: My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch windows or programs, or need smth else on the taskbar and I move my cursor to the top of screen trying to open it hidden...
  6. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

Task bar doesn't respond on hover: My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch windows or programs, or need smth else on the taskbar and I move my cursor to the top of screen trying to open it hidden...
  7. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  9. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  10. task bar not responding