Windows 10: windows task bar

Discus and support windows task bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, i have a windows 10 pc. Today i was using my pc then after evening i couldn't use my taskbar properly. when i start the start menu it closes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TEJAS SAHOO, Jul 11, 2020.

1. windows task bar

hi,

i have a windows 10 pc. Today i was using my pc then after evening i couldn't use my taskbar properly.

when i start the start menu it closes the taskbar and animations work in start menu but doesn't in taskbar. it shows a resize cursor on task bar and simple one in the taskbar menu.

i tried making a new account i did one and then the taskbar works like a charm on that user but i want it on mine.

any help will be appreciated

:)

TEJAS SAHOO, Jul 11, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jul 11, 2020
  4. windows task bar

Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

windows task bar

1. windows task bar - Similar Threads - task bar

2. Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs: I am on Windows 11 pro and in contrast to other posts my task bar shows icons for programs properly well.BUT: no icons are shown for what M$ call Apps.I have tried many solutions for missing icons from other threads, but nothing worked so far.Any Windows app like 'Settings',...
  3. Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs: I am on Windows 11 pro and in contrast to other posts my task bar shows icons for programs properly well.BUT: no icons are shown for what M$ call Apps.I have tried many solutions for missing icons from other threads, but nothing worked so far.Any Windows app like 'Settings',...
  4. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC.The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  5. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC.The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  6. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

8. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  10. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...