Windows 10: Windows Task Bar.

Discus and support Windows Task Bar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed today 5/6/2021 that Microsoft News put an icon on my taskbar. If my mouse touches the icon a page of news pops up. I didn't ask for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BradleyBuzan, May 6, 2021.

1. Windows Task Bar.

I noticed today 5/6/2021 that Microsoft News put an icon on my taskbar. If my mouse touches the icon a page of news pops up. I didn't ask for this trash to be put on my taskbar and would like to get rid of it. I've tried a few things but I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. If anybody knows how to get rid of Microsoft News Please let me know, thanks in advance.

:)

BradleyBuzan, May 6, 2021

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, May 6, 2021
  4. Windows Task Bar.

Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Task Bar.

1. Windows Task Bar. - Similar Threads - Task Bar

2. Programs won't open from Task Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs won't open from Task Bar: I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 360GHz, 10MB mem, 1TB hdd, win 10.I I chose the wrong forum, please move and let me knowThis morning when I tried to open several internet links from the task bar I get the following warning:It seems to apply only to those associated with Edge. I...
  3. Can't change temprature form F to C shwon in bottom right task bar after Jun 8th update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change temprature form F to C shwon in bottom right task bar after Jun 8th update: I changed the temperature to C everywhere in the system but it stated as F in the taskbar after I updated my device yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-temprature-form-f-to-c-shwon-in-bottom/bc8b8646-d5b0-410b-a2df-7531f0fe6852
  4. Icon on on task bar

Icon on on task bar: A new **** icon appeared on my task barHow do I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-on-task-bar/e9005579-2047-46bb-96cf-4bd3c11864dd
  5. Some Apps are not seen in Task Bar

Some Apps are not seen in Task Bar: How to fix thisSome Apps are only not seen while other software are seenAll Microsoft Store Apps are not seen in the task bar such as Weather, Mail, Maps, WhatsApp etc..And Windows setting is also not seen...
  6. Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?

Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?: I have the weather shown in the taskbar, but when I click/hover over it, it won't show the local weather when it previously has. I've tried adding weather and local weather to my feed, but it hasn't made it show up. the blue weather box is what I'm missing. And no, I'm NOT...
  7. Chinese weather and news ? widged in task bar

Chinese weather and news ? widged in task bar: For some reason, a widged displaying the weather in Peking and chinese news appeared in my task bar and I don't know how to get rid of it. I tried getting rid of it by clicking on different menu options, but am having a hard time achieving anything since I dont speak...
  8. Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?

Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?: Hello everyone!guest273 here!Now I don't know if this is a bug or a 'unwanted feature', but the issue I'm having is:Usually when I start my day on Windows 10 I open multiple apps and simply select 1 app on the task bar by clicking on it - either if it's a game or Google...
  9. Task bar not displayed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task bar not displayed: Hello,Since my last windows update, my windows 10 task bar is not clear. How can I fix this?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-displayed/94fbd90a-916c-4465-8b68-5dd84a90abe3
  10. search bar on task bar turning white randomly for no reason

search bar on task bar turning white randomly for no reason: so recently after the new windows up date my search bar has been turning white for no reason, except for the litters, it creates this box that still has this darkness inside of it because i have dark mode turned on and its extremely annoying for me, does anyone have this...