Windows 10: Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

Discus and support Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a very weird problem with Windows 10. I use the task manager a lot, and with Windows 10, I have this problem that at some unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by farzadmf, Sep 5, 2015.

1. farzadmf Win User

Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

Hi guys,
    I have a very weird problem with Windows 10.
    I use the task manager a lot, and with Windows 10, I have this problem that at some unknown point, when I run task manager, it's begin displayed in a weird way, only displaying the "Details" tab. I don't know what's happening here, and sometimes, it decides to get back to its "normal" view and sometimes it doesn't!!!

This is "normal" view:

Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab [​IMG]

and this is the "weird" view:

Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab [​IMG]

Btw, I noticed that if I press "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" and then choose "Task Manager", I see the "normal" view, but when I use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Escape, I randomly see the "normal" and "weird" ones...

Anybody facing the same issue, or knowing the solution (or at least the cause)?

Thank you

:)

farzadmf, Sep 5, 2015

2. Black screen after upgrade to Windows 10

The only thing that worked for me was that when the black screen was on display I hit Control Alt Delete to bring up the task manager. Once Task Manager was up I hit the button on the bottom left that says Details. Click on the File Tab in the upper
    left corner and select Run New Task. You will have to use the Browse Button on the bottom right and choose Recovery (D): This should get you right back up and running! Good luck!

carolhansen, Sep 5, 2015
  3. No windows defender icon in the notification(system try) area.

One thing aditional ............

When the Windows defender icon is missing, MSASCuiL.exe does NOT appear under the "Details" tab of the Task Manager.

But when logging on anew (after the sign out and back on) MSASCuiL.exe
    is
    present under the "Details" tab of the Task Manager.

JustRayInWisconsin, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

I am currently having a similar issue, however I get the details tab only task manager view every time I use the Ctrl+Shift+Escape shortcut and the regular task manager if I either click the task bar and open task manager that way or if I use Ctrl+Alt+Delete and open it that way. Any further information on this would be greatly appreciated as I cannot seem to find much more about this anywhere online. Thank you.

Squirebullet, Feb 6, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, can you try the same in Safe Mode and post that, and in normal mode, run these routine checks:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

Then from an admin command prompt run
    sfc /scannow
    and post the summary result

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

1. Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab - Similar Threads - Task Manager displays

2. Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab: Hi, I'm terming this the same as this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-keeps-crashing-after-right-clicking/41d541e5-4e6c-4007-9787-8ef8e6beb971because I'm having the same issue, however I noticed in his screenshot it listed the faulting...
  3. Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab: Hi, I'm terming this the same as this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-keeps-crashing-after-right-clicking/41d541e5-4e6c-4007-9787-8ef8e6beb971because I'm having the same issue, however I noticed in his screenshot it listed the faulting...
  4. Task Manager keeps crashing after right clicking in details tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager keeps crashing after right clicking in details tab: I have windows 11. I was able to set priority in task manager when I was using windows 10, but the option of priority is no longer there in windows 11. I cant see it when I right click in the process tab. But when I go to the details tab and right click, it crashes every...
  5. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  6. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  7. Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!: Hello guys, I have been having this strange problem lately. When I open task manager and move to "details" tab, the manager crashes. I have tried running it safe mode. Didn't work. Antivirus didn't help either. Those are the some things I have tried to fix it. I have read...
  8. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning: I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the task manager and click 'Details', the task manager stops for a short whilewith no display and then crashes. In fact it also acts...
  9. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - task manager - details tab: hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need. 58238
  10. How To Select The 'Details' Tab Initially In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Select The 'Details' Tab Initially In Task Manager: Hello, so the topic title is pretty much self explanatory. When I open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), it opens to the Processes tab initially. The thing is that I don't use this tab at all; I click on the Details tab, since I'm more familiar with that. I would like to...