Windows 10: Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

Discus and support Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daan Beernaert, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11 version 21H2 build 22000.376any fixes?

:)

Daan Beernaert, Jan 10, 2022

2. Task Manager has different CPU Usage

Hi,I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, Jan 10, 2022
  3. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Jan 10, 2022
  4. Wuju22 Win User

Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

100% CPU usage in task manager after upgrading to W10

Thank you Krishna for quick response however it is neither of those reasons. I think it is a bug, it only shows 100% cpu usage but everything works ok . Never had this issue before only started after i updated from windows 7 to 10. The procantage usage
    of cpu on some applications jumps from 5 to 70% in example : the task manager was "using" 80% of cpu and that just can't be right. Having said that i think the task manager's cpu usage shows wrong data (its bugged) somehow.

Wuju22, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

1. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage - Similar Threads - Task manager showing

2. Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage: Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage. A few days after I built my PC, all of a sudden task manager started showing 100% CPU usage no matter what programs are running and it was also showing very high power usage. I ended up temporarily fixing the issue after I did a full fresh...
  3. Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage: Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage. A few days after I built my PC, all of a sudden task manager started showing 100% CPU usage no matter what programs are running and it was also showing very high power usage. I ended up temporarily fixing the issue after I did a full fresh...
  4. Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage: Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11...
  6. After Update to Windows 11 wrong CPU usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Update to Windows 11 wrong CPU usage in Task Manager: Hello all,since i upgraded from Windows 10 to Win 11 21H222000.258 the TaskManager shows wrong CPU usage its nearly always at 100% usage.So i reinstalled the whole Windows 11, and made a clean install, just to be sure its not related to the upgrade. But it still shows wrong...
  7. After Update to Windows 11 wrong CPU usage in Task Manager

After Update to Windows 11 wrong CPU usage in Task Manager: Hello all,since i upgraded from Windows 10 to Win 11 21H222000.258 the TaskManager shows wrong CPU usage its nearly always at 100% usage.So i reinstalled the whole Windows 11, and made a clean install, just to be sure its not related to the upgrade. But it still shows wrong...
  8. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED: I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED...
  9. Task manager showing 100% CPU usage at idle.

Task manager showing 100% CPU usage at idle.: Task manager is showing 100% CPU usage at idle. If you look into the details to see what if anything is really using that much processing power and it shows "system idle process" at 99-100% when at idle. This is normal I know but task manager should not be including "system...
  10. Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages

Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages: Hi. My windows task manager seems to be corrupt or damaged showing invalid low processor Utilisation. Also noticed that Resource Manager displays the same values. here are a few things i have tried. - Sfc /scannow - Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - Updated...