Windows 10: Windows Task Manager Slow/sluggish monitoring after Update

Discus and support Windows Task Manager Slow/sluggish monitoring after Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys & gals, I'm facing the following issues with Windows Task Manger : Closing task manger is taking over 1 sec. Launch time is ok.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/T_Boner_SwaT, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Windows Task Manager Slow/sluggish monitoring after Update

Windows Task Manager Slow/sluggish monitoring after Update rj8hUDvSG9FXltStLj24S1oNkAr4gfxCVcvU9nw9ugU.jpg

Hey guys & gals, I'm facing the following issues with Windows Task Manger :

1. Closing task manger is taking over 1 sec. Launch time is ok.
    2. Task manger updating very slow over 10 secs per update to values. Before it used to be instantaneous.

Issue occurring after latest update to Version: 2004, OS Build: 19041.388

I'm on an HP Laptop specs : i5-8250U Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD.

Changed windows power settings and Power mode to maximum Performance. Changed Task Manger View > Update Speed > High. Still no use.

I did clean up of several temporary files including Windows.old folder could that affect the update speed?

Is there a registry key that can be toggled to fix this issue?

https://preview.redd.it/0se94ygsdpi...bp&s=382f782c9220ac37af188314e145979370fa0a11

submitted by /u/T_Boner_SwaT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/T_Boner_SwaT, Aug 23, 2020

2. Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Windows Task Manager Slow/sluggish monitoring after Update

Windows 10 running extremely slowly, programmes unresponsive

I'd suggest pressing Ctrl-Shift-Escape and looking at which program is hogging the most CPU or Disk % in the Task Manager list. That'll show you which program is causing the slowness. I have some examples and more details under a blog post titled Fix
    a Sluggish, Slow PC

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Task Manager Slow/sluggish monitoring after Update

1. Windows Task Manager Slow/sluggish monitoring after Update - Similar Threads - Task Manager Slow

2. Problem facing with wifi and monitoring in task manager after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem facing with wifi and monitoring in task manager after windows update: im facing a problem in which my data is being used and is being registered in performance tab of task manager but not in processes tab and alsoim facing issue with my intel's wifi card which is automatically disconnecting my connected network i tried installing old and latest...
  3. Problem facing with wifi and monitoring in task manager after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem facing with wifi and monitoring in task manager after windows update: im facing a problem in which my data is being used and is being registered in performance tab of task manager but not in processes tab and alsoim facing issue with my intel's wifi card which is automatically disconnecting my connected network i tried installing old and latest...
  4. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  5. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  6. Sluggish task manager movement

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sluggish task manager movement: I always have the task manager running, recently i noticed that whenever the task manager have been open for a while, moving the window is very sluggish/laggy, like there is a 500ms delay on the movement. After i close and reopen task manager it's fine for some time. Any...
  7. Why is Windows 10 so slow and sluggish after update to 1809?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Windows 10 so slow and sluggish after update to 1809?: This is ridiculous! After I was forced to update to 1809 my computer is jerky, slow and sluggish. What is with that?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-so-slow-and-sluggish-after/f67cc59a-920d-4cdd-a855-1f15fd4c453a
  8. Why is Windows 10 so slow and sluggish after update to 1809?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows 10 so slow and sluggish after update to 1809?: This is ridiculous! After I was forced to update to 1809 my computer is jerky, slow and sluggish. What is with that?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-so-slow-and-sluggish-after/83ef3fc2-d029-42f6-b035-07e179c81ff8
  9. Computer slow and sluggish after installing windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer slow and sluggish after installing windows 10 update: I have a HP 500 277c w/ I7 3.40 Ghz processor and 12 gb of memory. Prior to install of update I could run multiple programs with no problem. Since install I can only run one program at a time. Anything more and the systems slows and gets sluggish. I updated all drivers with...
  10. Permantly turning off items in Task Manager. Overall sluggish

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permantly turning off items in Task Manager. Overall sluggish: Opening apps is generally more sluggish lately with Windows 10 so I decided to turn off some background stuff via Task Manager. It helps but the next time I start up they are all back on. How to turn off permanently? Also, I have some NVidia drivers from an old graphics...