Windows 10: Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password

Discus and support Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to run a node.js script on a regular basis. I'm following a tutorial on how to do so and everything was going well until I got an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by npfeiff, Mar 2, 2021.

1. npfeiff Win User

Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password

Hi, I'm trying to run a node.js script on a regular basis. I'm following a tutorial on how to do so and everything was going well until I got an unexpected popup. From further deduction, when I check this box:

Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password ef7e1636-1c97-4ec1-aef1-6ce5647fd447?upload=true.png

I am then prompted with this message when trying to save the task:

Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password 88171149-f616-46f4-b028-3747ac86b5f0?upload=true.png

I have no clue which account to choose and what the password would be.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

:)

npfeiff, Mar 2, 2021
  2. surfing69 Win User

Task Scheduler asking for password ?

this is completely baffling.

Why should i be asked to provide a user name and password when I am already logged in as the administrator?

I tried to change certain properties of teh Macrium schedule in Task scheduler but it kept asking for login details. The properties said for it to run whether or not the user was logged in or not - screen shots below

Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password 8124f7e7-e853-4072-afa4-30471de3b67c?upload=true.jpg

Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password 95d8b8fc-6066-4f0f-8189-073ace981e8c?upload=true.jpg

Every time i try and change something in these screens I am asked for a username/password but apart from the fact that I think I should not be asked for these details. I cannot find the right combination that grants me access. I have tried my User account
    email address and password and/or PIN but these dont work.

I have come across many articles on the internet about changing properties of tasks in Task scheduler but none of them have mentioned anything about being pressed for login details.

Very curious.

I even created a dummy task in task scheduler using my user name + password but when I tried to edit the properties I was asked for login details. Why?

Is this another peculiarity of windows 10??

surfing69, Mar 3, 2021
  3. surfing69 Win User
    Task Scheduler asking for password ?

I wanted to change a property of a task in Task Scheduler but I was asked to input user name and password.

Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password 1f812560-5cfe-4438-895a-730b3b2cba16?upload=true.jpg

I only have one machine and I am the administrator so I don't understand. However i did try and use the email address and password for my User account but this failed . Also tried the PIN and this also failed

I suspect the reason for this is that the scheduler is set to SYSTEM as user account - dont know how to change this (alyhi this may not be possible???)

Help anyone?

surfing69, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password

Task scheduler not working anymore.

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are encountering issues with the Task Scheduler in Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Have you tried setting a schedule to
      defragment
      your hard drive?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user account and see if you will still encounter the same issue with the Task Scheduler. To do this, simply follow the steps below;

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add
      someone else to this PC

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password

1. Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Asks

2. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  3. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  4. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  6. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  7. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

8. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  9. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  10. Task Scheduler asking for password ?

Task Scheduler asking for password ?: I wanted to change a property of a task in Task Scheduler but I was asked to input user name and password. [ATTACH] I only have one machine and I am the administrator so I don't understand. However i did try and use the email address and password for my User account but...