Windows 10: Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.

Discus and support Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I am creating windows task scheduler using windows forms app in c# and library i used is Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler. Task is getting created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonakIQ, Feb 18, 2020.

1. RonakIQ Win User

Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.

Hi

I am creating windows task scheduler using windows forms app in c# and library i used is Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.

Task is getting created successfully and account to execute this task is NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.

But, task does not run automatically at scheduled timings. Once scheduled timing is passed next run is updated with new time but last run still shows 11/30/1991 12:00:00 AM which is default timing. Also, Last run result shows "The task has not run yet0x41303".

Operating system i am using is windows 10 but this windows forms app will be installed on OS Windows XP and later versions.

Below is the code snippet i am using to create scheduler.

Why is scheduler not running automatically. How to troubleshoot the issue?

var ts = new TaskService;var td = ts.NewTask;td.RegistrationInfo.Author = "My company";td.RegistrationInfo.Description = "Runs test application";var trigger = new WeeklyTrigger { StartBoundary = startDate, DaysOfWeek = daysOfWeek, Enabled = enabled };trigger.Repetition.Interval = TimeSpan.FromSecondsminutes == 0 ? 60 : minutes * 60;td.Triggers.Addtrigger;var action = new ExecActionAssembly.GetExecutingAssembly.Location, null, null;if filePath != string.Empty && File.ExistsfilePath{ action = new ExecActionfilePath;}action.Arguments = "AutoRun";td.Actions.Addaction;ts.RootFolder.RegisterTaskDefinitionTaskName, td;

Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time. 25f30379-3d95-4372-8c38-9c8323d47861?upload=true.png

:)

RonakIQ, Feb 18, 2020

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Information on task Scheduling

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the suggestions below:

By default, if it's time for your regularly scheduled backup and your computer is off, sleeping, or hibernating, Windows Backup skips the backup and waits for your next scheduled backup. However, if you want to automatically wake the computer
    to perform backup, you can use the task scheduler.

To schedule a task to wake the computer before the scheduled backup time follow these steps:

1. Click on Start button and type “Task Scheduler” in the start search box and press enter.

2. Select the “Task Scheduler” from the menu and click on “Actions” and then select “Create task”.

3. Click “Conditions” tab and make sure that “Wake the computer to run this task” is checked.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.

Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.

1. Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time. - Similar Threads - task scheduler running

2. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  3. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Scheduled task not running

Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  6. Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut: I have a task set up in Task Scheduler on Win 10 Pro 64-bit and it runs correctly when run from Task Scheduler. I cannot get the task to run from a shortcut. I do not know whether this is relevant, but in the Settings window of Task Scheduler it shows the checkbox next to...
  7. Windows Task Running multiple times before the schedule

Windows Task Running multiple times before the schedule: Hi All i have scheduled a python script to send mail based on a certain condition. I scheduled the script in Windows task Scheduler to run every 1 hour each day. But the Script is running randomly every 10 minute or every 5 minutes. Please suggest what can be done to...
  8. Task scheduler runs beyond expiration time

Task scheduler runs beyond expiration time: Hello, experts, I have a task scheduled in Windows 2016 server (and got the same problem in Windows 10 home edition). I had it starting at 1:44, and set the expiration to today (4/12/2019) at 1:46. [ATTACH] The action is just to run a .bat file that echoes the date...
  9. Task Scheduler Not Running

Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  10. Windows Task Scheduler not running

Windows Task Scheduler not running: Hello, i am trying to install Nvidia Geforce experience but it says Windows Task Scheduler not running, so i cant install it. i even went to services.msc and tried to start but i get error message that it "started and stopped suddenly."Some services may stop if they are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot