Windows 10: Windows Taskbar and Screen Disappear

Discus and support Windows Taskbar and Screen Disappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, every time I try to launch a program or try to open the file explorer my task bar information disappears and the screen goes black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by B777, Nov 13, 2015.

1. B777 Win User

Windows Taskbar and Screen Disappear

Hello,

every time I try to launch a program or try to open the file explorer my task bar information disappears and the screen goes black momentarily. None of the programs or file explorer end up working. I have included a video showing what happens.

:)

2. my screen turns black and the taskbar disappears

Original title: black screen

After many hours of operation, my screen turns black and the taskbar disappears.

RalphColon, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Mayteam1 Win User
    lock the taskbar not working in windows10

The taskbar disappears even when "lock the taskbar" is checked (right click on taskbar and check box). Would like to have the taskbar appear at all times and not have to move mouse to bottom of the screen all the time. Ideas?

Mayteam1, Nov 13, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Nov 13, 2015
  5. B777 Win User
    Every time the sfc /scannow reaches 77% I get the the following message: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

6. JohnC Win User
    Try running sfc at boot. Option two in the tutorial. you might have to run it three times to clean up all the files, with restarts in between.

JohnC, Nov 13, 2015
  7. B777 Win User
    Hey John,

I ended up reinstalling the OS. After re-installation, I ran the windows update and notice it is downloading the new windows update (10586). Hopefully this could resolve my issues.

B777, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Taskbar and Screen Disappear - Similar Threads - Taskbar Screen Disappear

2. Taskbar Disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Disappearance: I updated Windows and signed in again, this time, my taskbar was gone. I force restarted and it reappeared, is this anything to worry about or just a bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-disappearance/3339f309-6c76-4032-9093-1da7b5489532
  3. Taskbar Disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Disappearance: I updated Windows and signed in again, this time, my taskbar was gone. I force restarted and it reappeared, is this anything to worry about or just a bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-disappearance/3339f309-6c76-4032-9093-1da7b5489532
  4. taskbar disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar disappearing: I have my taskbar set to auto hide so i can get that small bet of screen space to use but sometimes when I'm just browsing on edge the taskbar completely disappears as if the browser itself takes focus over it. If I take the browser window and move it around it clearly shows...
  5. taskbar disappearing

taskbar disappearing: I have my taskbar set to auto hide so i can get that small bet of screen space to use but sometimes when I'm just browsing on edge the taskbar completely disappears as if the browser itself takes focus over it. If I take the browser window and move it around it clearly shows...
  6. taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar disappeared: My taskbar with my start button has disappeared where can I find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-disappeared/3be6b155-72a8-49f1-925e-f41186d6514c
  7. taskbar disappeared

taskbar disappeared: My taskbar with my start button has disappeared where can I find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-disappeared/3be6b155-72a8-49f1-925e-f41186d6514c
  8. taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared): Hi everyone, Yesterday I turned on my laptop and all I could see is a black screen. I searched the internet and tried creating "explorer.exe" task using Task Manager. Turns out it doesn't work in my case. All I could see after creating the task was an even more annoying...
  10. Taskbar disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar disappeared.: Not sure I have this under the the correct 'classification' as I'm pretty close to a Luddite, but today my taskbar has stopped displaying when I have my internet windows up [Google Chrome]. Previously I had finally got it to hide and show when I scrolled down to the bottom of...