Windows 10: Windows Taskbar Appearance Has Changed

Discus and support Windows Taskbar Appearance Has Changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the forced restart and update on Feb 22, my task bar is a mess. It has desk top icons on there now. And yes I tried to unpin them, but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Laura9496, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Laura9496 Win User

Windows Taskbar Appearance Has Changed

After the forced restart and update on Feb 22, my task bar is a mess. It has desk top icons on there now. And yes I tried to unpin them, but they are not pinned. Nothing on the top line except Microsoft edge should be there. I tried all the task bar settings. Some icons were able to be unpinned. I tried other remedies that were shown on other questions similar to this one. But no results. The options for the steps were not available.

Windows Taskbar Appearance Has Changed 928e6ac0-55be-4e0b-9f5d-74a45ba37863?upload=true.png

The 1st six icons were never on the desktop at all. These all work, but it's very annoying.

:)

Laura9496, Mar 13, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 13, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Windows Taskbar Appearance Has Changed

Taskbar appearing in full screen mode and stopping video or game from working

Hello Brad,

To assist you better, please provide the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior having this issue?
    • Have you tried to update your device to the latest build?

Meanwhile, may we suggest performing the provided steps from KristenKim
    on this thread.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Taskbar Appearance Has Changed

1. Windows Taskbar Appearance Has Changed - Similar Threads - Taskbar Appearance Has

2. Snipping Tool Appearance Has Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Appearance Has Changed: All of a sudden my Windows 11 Snipping Tool draw and highlight toolbar is appearing at the bottom of the Snip window. It used to be on top. How do you change it back? Also, previously when I made a snip, the snip would become the active window. Now it's not....
  3. Snipping Tool Appearance Has Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool Appearance Has Changed: All of a sudden my Windows 11 Snipping Tool draw and highlight toolbar is appearing at the bottom of the Snip window. It used to be on top. How do you change it back? Also, previously when I made a snip, the snip would become the active window. Now it's not....
  4. Why has search bar appearance changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has search bar appearance changed?: I just turned on my PC today and I noticed the search bar on the bottom left looks different.When I hover over it, the picture is highlighted, but then it just brings up the options menu as if I had clicked inside the bar.I took a look at my roommate's PC and he does NOT have...
  5. Why has search bar appearance changed?

in Cortana
    Why has search bar appearance changed?: I just turned on my PC today and I noticed the search bar on the bottom left looks different.When I hover over it, the picture is highlighted, but then it just brings up the options menu as if I had clicked inside the bar.I took a look at my roommate's PC and he does NOT have...
  6. Taskbar appearance changed by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar appearance changed by itself: When I turned on my pc and Windows 10 booted up, the taskbar, start menu and frame of every program/window I open is just the stock gray background. Everything functions completely normally so that is good, but I used to always have it on the "aero" look. I know that's what...
  7. What program has just appeared for a second in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What program has just appeared for a second in taskbar?: Hi, Is there a way to find the program that just appears for a few seconds in my taskbar and then immediately closes? I don't recognize its icon and it got me worried. Is there some app start log somewhere? Thanks. submitted by /u/RomanFedot [link] [comments]...
  8. Taskbar appearance

in Cortana
    Taskbar appearance: How can I change the appearance of my windows browser in the taskbar? Right now I have a white box with a microphone, I've seen that some PCs have the Cortana symbol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-appearance/a2150ecd-b59f-4238-b789-074555fae2fa"
  9. Windows Taskbar Appearance Has Changed and I Can't Get It Back to What I Want

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Taskbar Appearance Has Changed and I Can't Get It Back to What I Want: Returning to Windows after 16 years of Mac and it has been extremely frustrating as nothing is intuitive. My latest problem is that my Windows taskbar was staying on all the time, even when watching Netflix full screen. I was able to get into Taskbar Settings and make it hide...
  10. Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar: I have an old application which I have running all the time, which I don't want to appear in the taskbar (left hand part to the right of the start button). Is there any way using registry entries or mods to the shortcut to have it continue to run but not show in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar has changed

2. change windows 10 taskbar appearance

3. taskbar changed appearance

4. windows 10 taskbar appearance changed after update,
  5. in windows 10 taskbar has been changed