Windows 10: Windows Taskbar Button Order forgets "proper" order

Discus and support Windows Taskbar Button Order forgets "proper" order in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am a visual person and want my Windows Explorer folder windows to be opened at the same coordinates and in the same order. Everyday when I login, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrFabyouless, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Windows Taskbar Button Order forgets "proper" order

I am a visual person and want my Windows Explorer folder windows to be opened at the same coordinates and in the same order. Everyday when I login, I run a script to open the same five folders in the "proper" order so I can manually drag them to where they "ought" to be on the screen.

Can anybody tell me why, say, the SECOND folder sometimes forgets that it's supposed to be second in the Combined Buttons list and jumps to the end of the list?

Windows Taskbar Button Order forgets "proper" order [​IMG]

When it does, I have to stop my workflow and close ALL the Explorer windows and re-run the script. (For example, I had to close the 3 project folders I am working on in order to capture this demonstrating screenshot)

And is there a way to have these five folders always open in the "right" place and not have to manually drag them around?

:)

MrFabyouless, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Windows Taskbar Button Order forgets "proper" order :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Timmic Win User
    How do I change the order of File Explorer Buttons on the Windows 10 taskbar?

Hello,

How do I change the order of File Explorer Buttons on the Windows 10 taskbar?

I am able to change the order of Program buttons , but not any File Explorer Buttons I have open. I try dragging them, but they don't move. They are locked in place!

I do not combine my taskbar buttons. I like to see them all at once, and I want to be able to reorder them.

I used to use a program called Taskbar Shuffle in prior windows versions but it does not work with Windows 10.

Thanks

Timmic, Mar 27, 2019
  4. bpratt Win User

Windows Taskbar Button Order forgets "proper" order

Can the order of the favorites be changed in Spartan?

I've been testing Spartan but I can't find a way to move things around in the favorites list. It puts everything in alpha order. Any suggestions?

bpratt, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows Taskbar Button Order forgets "proper" order

1. Windows Taskbar Button Order forgets "proper" order - Similar Threads - Taskbar Button Order

2. Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?: When switching between virtual desktops, the order of taskbar buttons revert to some previous state. This is a user experience failure and a bug.Steps to reproduce:1 Press winkey+tab and create a second desktop2 Open three different applications outlook, calc, browser3...
  3. Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?: When switching between virtual desktops, the order of taskbar buttons revert to some previous state. This is a user experience failure and a bug.Steps to reproduce:1 Press winkey+tab and create a second desktop2 Open three different applications outlook, calc, browser3...
  4. Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows can't do tasks in proper order

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't do tasks in proper order: Example 1: I want to open all of last year's PDF bank statement files in say Acrobat. But it could be ANY other task where you need the "as they appear in Explorer" order to be preserved, whether copying or opening or printing or WHATEVER doing something on some...
  6. Windows won't keep taskbar button order

Windows won't keep taskbar button order: I want my taskbar buttons to be ordered in the way that I put them there. I don't do that because I like doing it, but because I work that way. I don't feel like explaining why. I just want a particular order. Now why des Windows feel the need to reorder my buttons??...
  7. Order details button

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Order details button: Where is the order details button in the microsoft rewards order history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/order-details-button/3a4feb25-3fcc-4b8a-a9df-a86c6c4aa82d
  8. Order of buttons on vertical toolbar

Order of buttons on vertical toolbar: I would like to have my vertical toolbar ordered bottom up so that the windowsbutton stays down(left), and not top down as the default configuration is. How can this be done?...
  9. Order command in order to identify viruses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Order command in order to identify viruses: Hello, Please be nice to help me with a prompt command to check for virus partitions. I mention that I have partition C and D. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  10. How to lock the order of the icons in the taskbar

How to lock the order of the icons in the taskbar: On a Surface Pro 4, running Windows 10 Pro. I want to lock the order of the taskbar icons so that they cannot be rearranged. The 'Lock Taskbar' option does not do this and only prevents the icons from being removed. Any ideas?...