Windows 10: Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly

Discus and support Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! After a while of being on (5 days, broken up by hibernation) the taskbar starts to do weird things, here's some examples: First symptom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QwertySpace, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly

Hello!

After a while of being on (5 days, broken up by hibernation) the taskbar starts to do weird things, here's some examples:
    First symptom (Telegram is showing behind the start menu):

Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly [​IMG]

Then it starts to evolve

I don't have two instances of Discord, Taiga, or Syncplay running. It's just showing two.
    Nothing is reported as even occuring in Event Viewer at that time. It's all rather confusing.

I currently use OpenShell. Not sure if that could be causing it. A restart ususally fixes it for a while.

:)

QwertySpace, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly

The problem sort of started out of nowhere. Its not a big deal but its really annoying. So far its only Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, as you can see, the icon is very small and inside a black box, The desktop Icon shows correctly, as well as the Icon when I search it with cortana, but the start menu also has the incorrect icon.

***UPDATE***
    I just downloaded ProjectSpark for windows 10 and the taskbar Icon For this does the same thing

OzoneTheGreat, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly

Outside temperature display in taskbar

I followed these steps exactly and the only thing showing in my task bar is a sun icon but not temperatures are being displayed.

TerriDunaway, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly

1. Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly - Similar Threads - Taskbar displays icons

2. Taskbar icons triggers incorrect app/window launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons triggers incorrect app/window launch: Hi,I'm running W11 on a SurfacePRO7.When coming back from sleep-mode I'm experiencing:- clock is not always updated. It looks like the clock indicates the time when the machine went in sleep mode annoying but you can continue working- icons on the taskbar of apps open...
  3. windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect: I am experiencing a strange thing since upgrading to Windows 11 - my taskbar icons indicate no internet access and muted sound, when both are in fact working fine. Any ideas?Peter...
  4. windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect

windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect: I am experiencing a strange thing since upgrading to Windows 11 - my taskbar icons indicate no internet access and muted sound, when both are in fact working fine. Any ideas?Peter...
  5. Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11

Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11: The app icons for WhatsApp, Messenger, and Line are all appearing as a monitor icon in the taskbar, instead of their appropriate icons. The icons appear normal in the start menu, and when creating shortcuts. They will also switch to appearing as they should once they are...
  6. Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11: The app icons for WhatsApp, Messenger, and Line are all appearing as a monitor icon in the taskbar, instead of their appropriate icons. The icons appear normal in the start menu, and when creating shortcuts. They will also switch to appearing as they should once they are...
  7. Taskbar Icon is incorrect - showing an icon for another applicaton

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icon is incorrect - showing an icon for another applicaton: Windows 10 Pro, v1909, desktop. I uninstalled firefox & when I rebooted all my apps that were pinned to the taskbar were gone except 2. I opened C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar and they were all there so I rebooted...
  8. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  9. Taskbar icon sizes after reboot display incorrectly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon sizes after reboot display incorrectly: Win 10 LTSC v1809 bad - [img] good - [img] (preferred) What can I do? Thanks! 143542
  10. Incorrect Icon In Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incorrect Icon In Taskbar: When opening a PDF file today I am seeing an icon for Movie Maker, not an icon for Adobe, in the taskbar. This happens when clicking a desktop shortcut for Acrobat reader Dc, but not happening when using a desktop shortcut for Acrobat XI to open the program (correct icon does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar icons showing incorrectly

2. taskbar icon displays incorrectly