Windows 10: Windows taskbar freezes when exiting old games

Discus and support Windows taskbar freezes when exiting old games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to exit an old game or press the Windows key, the taskbar freezes itself for about 30-60 seconds. I can still use some apps, browsers, etc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Iker0, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Iker0 Win User

Windows taskbar freezes when exiting old games

When I try to exit an old game or press the Windows key, the taskbar freezes itself for about 30-60 seconds. I can still use some apps, browsers, etc, but I can't close apps with the taskbar because it freezes. This has happened to ALL the old games I played not DOS games, obviously. Any fix?

:)

Iker0, Jan 23, 2021

2. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Freezing when exiting game

Hi all

Like the title says, i freeze when exiting 3d games. I have set my AtiTool to underclock my x1600 mobility during 2d mode and upon 3d games automatically run the maximum clock speeds. However i found that when i exit the game the graphics card is sometimes unable to readjust itself back into 2d mode clocks. My theory is that the change in clock speeds is too abrupt for the video card to handle, since i can run in 2d mode with the clocks just fine and stable.

Might i suggest that AtiTool bring up an option for setting clock speeds more gently/ slower for great changes in clocks.

PS I am running on my Asus A6J with
    default clock speeds (3d game mode) of 455 Mhz core and 355 Mhz mem
    2d mode clocks 125 Mhz core and 125 Mhz mem

csterrorist, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Marby Rey, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows taskbar freezes when exiting old games - Similar Threads - taskbar freezes exiting

2. Computer crashes when i exit game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when i exit game: I have just installed elite game on computer using Steam.The game plays perfectly but everytime i exit back to desktop my PC crashes to a blue screen.My system is HP elitebookAMD ryzen 3 pro 2300URadeon Vega GFX12GB RAMWindows 11I've had a look at the mini dump file. There is...
  3. Computer freezes after exiting games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes after exiting games: Hi! Starting from about a month ago, my newish 3 month old PC starts freezing after I close a game. I've also made it happen by running a 3DMark benchmark, but that app cycles through multiple benchmarks, so it could be the same effect.The freeze happens a few seconds 1-30s...
  4. Computer freezes after exiting games

Computer freezes after exiting games: Hi! Starting from about a month ago, my newish 3 month old PC starts freezing after I close a game. I've also made it happen by running a 3DMark benchmark, but that app cycles through multiple benchmarks, so it could be the same effect.The freeze happens a few seconds 1-30s...
  5. Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode: Hi, this issue first occured somewhere between December to January 2021-2022 respectively, before upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Basically, my laptop completely freezes no input from mouse, keyboard, can't even turn off keyboard leds with fn-F4 when i exit a game...
  6. Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode

Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode: Hi, this issue first occured somewhere between December to January 2021-2022 respectively, before upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Basically, my laptop completely freezes no input from mouse, keyboard, can't even turn off keyboard leds with fn-F4 when i exit a game...
  7. Scarlet Nexus crashed when exit the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scarlet Nexus crashed when exit the game: Hello I always got issue when playing Scarlet Nexus SCARLET NEXUS on Steam steampowered.comThe game runs fine but always crashed when I press exit to quit the game with the following error :Faulting application name: ScarletNexus-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 4.25.0.0, time...
  8. PC freezing after exiting games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing after exiting games: Hello, I recently have been having issues with my PC freezing when exiting games. It doesnt feeeze everytime i exit a game but it freezes about once or twice a day depending on how much time i have to play. At the suggestion of windows support i've already run system file...
  9. Computer freezes when exiting full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes when exiting full screen: Hi. So recently i just bought my first desktop pc. Everything was perfect until i found something strange. Whenever i exit a full screen game(like when pressing continue on the end screen of league of legends, or exit game on any other game) my pc freezes. Audio is still...
  10. Task manager freezing up when exiting

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager freezing up when exiting: I'm having some issues with windows 10 and my task manager. I just came off a fresh install on tuesday ish. Updated everything but my task manager opens fine but after exiting it, it turns white and remains there for a good 15 seconds before going away. I also notice clicking...