Windows 10: Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User

Discus and support Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Two of our family are using a same workstation. If one of them are logged in and we try change user, the Task Bar doesn't come up after new user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AttilaMedvig, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User

Hi,

Two of our family are using a same workstation. If one of them are logged in and we try change user, the Task Bar doesn't come up after new user login.

If we use Task Manager to logoff the inactive user, tha Task Bar come up immediately.

Could you help me on this issue?

Thanks,

Attila

[Original Title: Windows Task Bar vs User]

:)

AttilaMedvig, Dec 18, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 18, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User

1. Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User - Similar Threads - Taskbar issue Switch

2. Unresponsive start menu, no taskbar or system tray icons when switching user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unresponsive start menu, no taskbar or system tray icons when switching user accounts: I've completely reinstalled Windows 10 twice, but no luck. Here's the problem, described also in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-between-user-logins-freezes-taskbar/d188f439-a164-482d-95ca-e15b5fe567b8 but with no resolution. Steps to...
  3. Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10.: Hey Community Support, I recently wanted to switch users for Personal Use and I figured out that I really couldn't. I tried all possible methods, some including CTRL + ALT + DEL and then clicking on Switch User and many other methods, but I couldn't come up with how to...
  4. PC crashing when switching users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing when switching users: Hi, My PC is crashing whenever I try to switch users. Before, I got a BSOD with error irql_not_less_or_equal, but now the PC just restarts. This issue does not happen when I boot into safe mode. Here are the minidumps from multiple occasions: Minidumps Onedrive The...
  5. Switching between user logins freezes taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching between user logins freezes taskbar: The case: My wife and I share the same home PC for work, that we use independently throughout the day. We would like to be able to switch between our users without having to log out and close/reopen our respective documents and apps. Kinda like how it works on a Mac when you...
  6. Taskbar problem when switch to tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar problem when switch to tablet: Hi, I used HP Spectre x360. When I switch to tablet mode, sometimes my taskbar is shortened, which is very inconvenient to me. I really appreciate if anyone knows how to fix it. [ATTACH]...
  7. Switching users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching users: I can't change usersctrl + alt + del, winkey + Start menu not working, but I can add new local users. Only last logged user is shown on windows login and switch user screen. I tried https://youtu.be/5qobIM7rvJM didn't work. What could it be?...
  8. BSOD when switching user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when switching user accounts: I get a BSOD stating dxgmms2.sys failed when switching from one user account to another if I try to play a video. This occurs when the video starts in many apps, including Netflix, Hulu, Edge, etc. This only happens if another user is signed in and we switch users. It does...
  9. Issue with users switching on the login screen

Issue with users switching on the login screen: /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable All users are set active including the built-in Administrator [img] [img]...
  10. Issues switching between user accounts

Issues switching between user accounts: I share my laptop with my wife; I have an admin account and she is a standard user. We have a consistent but intermittent problem switching between user accounts using the fingerprint reader. Most of the time, one swipe of a finger properly changes accounts. At least every...