Windows 10: Windows taskbar keeps disappearing

Discus and support Windows taskbar keeps disappearing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having a problem these past few months that I'd really like solved. My windows task bar keeps disappearing when maximizing windows. You can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LurkingAssassin, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Windows taskbar keeps disappearing

I've been having a problem these past few months that I'd really like solved. My windows task bar keeps disappearing when maximizing windows. You can see a Youtube video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5CobPTPKEo&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=SpaceFox93

It's a quick video, but as you can see, the task bar doesn't come up when my mouse cursor reaches the bottom of the screen. I have to press the Windows key repeatedly to bring it up.

I have "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" enabled.

I did run the computer in safe mode and it didn't experience this problem. I even took a screencap of all the drivers disabled in in safe mode and disabled them on a regular startup. It didn't solve the issue.

I don't know what's causing it at this point. All my drivers are up to date, my BIOS is the latest version and my graphics card's is up to date as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

LurkingAssassin, Nov 17, 2020

2. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

I It might make a difference

In this image
    Right click on Combat Example 1

Windows taskbar keeps disappearing [​IMG]

Select Properties
    Change Icon

I think you just skipped a step - not right clicking on the program name to get to the properties option

Slartybart, Nov 17, 2020
  3. fallen97 Win User
    Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

I thought that's what you meant, however, nothing like what in your example picture came up when I did what you said to do. All I got was this...

Or this in a blank spot...

Additionally, these programs aren't pinned to the Taskbar, if that makes any difference.

fallen97, Nov 17, 2020
  4. flybynite Win User

Windows taskbar keeps disappearing

Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

In your original post you said Icons in Taskbar keep disappearing. The Icons in the Taskbar are called Taskbar Icons.

flybynite, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows taskbar keeps disappearing

1. Windows taskbar keeps disappearing - Similar Threads - taskbar keeps disappearing

2. The clock and notification on the taskbar keeps disappearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The clock and notification on the taskbar keeps disappearing.: How do I keep it there. I have done all the checks in the settings menu. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clock-and-notification-on-the-taskbar-keeps/9abf8aa7-b2d9-4b83-8781-ed1ccfdd7c7b
  3. The clock and notification on the taskbar keeps disappearing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The clock and notification on the taskbar keeps disappearing.: How do I keep it there. I have done all the checks in the settings menu. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clock-and-notification-on-the-taskbar-keeps/9abf8aa7-b2d9-4b83-8781-ed1ccfdd7c7b
  4. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps disappearing: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened...
  5. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps disappearing: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened...
  6. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Starwind_Amada [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzw79x/taskbar_icons_keep_disappearing/
  8. My taskbar icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    My taskbar icons keep disappearing: I setup my most used programs by pinning them to the taskbar. However they randomly disappear, all of them. Is this a known problem and if so is it easily fixed? 61313
  9. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing: I keep getting this blank document icon instead of the correct icon in Windows 10 Pro. It does happen with a few different apps but it's almost exclusively Adobe programs. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. [img] 51212
  10. taskbar and start menu KEEP disappearing.

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar and start menu KEEP disappearing.: I've tried to fix this from sites and advice on the internet, but it keeps happening. I can't find a topic here on this, so I apologize if I'm posting something I shouldn't be. Thanks for any direction you can send me in. Jovin 36693