Windows 10: Windows taskbar moving about on my screen unwanted

Discus and support Windows taskbar moving about on my screen unwanted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I am running Windows 10 Enterprise at work. I have 4 screens on my desktop pc and the tastbar is normally on the leftmost screen. But, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by htl1, Oct 5, 2020.

1. htl1 Win User

Windows taskbar moving about on my screen unwanted

So I am running Windows 10 Enterprise at work. I have 4 screens on my desktop pc and the tastbar is normally on the leftmost screen.

But, I am frequently working from at home and I am thus remoting from my laptop at home to my desktop pc at work. I am running a setup at home with laptop, docking station and I have 3 screens at home connected to my docking station.

I am frequently experiencing that I log on at work and everything looks normal, then later in the day I lock my desktop pc and go home and then I remote from the laptop into my desktop pc at work. All of a sudden when I then log on using the RDP I experience that the windows taskbar is no longer at the leftmost screen, most often when this happens it will be at the rightmost screen but can also be on middle screen.

I am also experiencing it the other way around, i.e. I start the day working from home and use the RDP to connec to my desktop pc at work and the taskbar at the desktop pc is where I want it to be, i.e. on the leftmost screen. When I am done working for the day I just close the RDP no booting of the desktop pc and when I then come to work the next day I often experience that the taskbar is no longer where it was when I left it the day before.

I know it's an easy fix just to move the taskbar about when this happens but I don't understand why this happens. I have tried to "lock" taskbar but that does not help at all.......

:)

htl1, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 5, 2020
  3. dsdavis6 Win User
    taskbar on multiple screens (XP)

Hi, at work we use three screens, with XP installed, on the PC i was using before it had the taskbar on just the left screen and when i maximised a window it would fill whatever screen the window was currently on. The pc i now use, has a task bar stretched across the three screens and when i maximise something it will automatically fill the left screen. Is there a way to change either of these things as i prefer the taskbar on the left screen and to maximise on the screen the window is in. Thanks

dsdavis6, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows taskbar moving about on my screen unwanted - Similar Threads - taskbar moving screen

2. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar: I,For some reason, I am seeing artifacts in the line that shows up under open windows. I thought I could take a screenshot, but it doesn't show up.On my PC Windows 10, I see a second line and a third line that flashes. All the lines are thinner than what shows up in the...
  3. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar: I,For some reason, I am seeing artifacts in the line that shows up under open windows. I thought I could take a screenshot, but it doesn't show up.On my PC Windows 10, I see a second line and a third line that flashes. All the lines are thinner than what shows up in the...
  4. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Move taskbar to left side of my screen. Give it vertigo!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move taskbar to left side of my screen. Give it vertigo!: Today is my first day on windows 11. The absolute first thing i attempted to do after the install was move the taskbar to the left wall. Setting options only allow me to move the icons to the left which seemed rather silly but i understand how that is reminiscent of win95....
  6. Unwanted icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on taskbar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  7. Unwanted Taskbar

Unwanted Taskbar: After downloading garage band from garagebandforpc.org, a strange task bar appeared at the top of my desktop. I went to my taskbar settings, I restarted my computer, I uninstalled Garage Band, and I scanned my computer for malware, but none of these things helped, leading me...
  8. My Strange Problem About Screen Brightness & Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Strange Problem About Screen Brightness & Taskbar: Hey guys. English is not my native language, so pls forgive any errors. As part of my job, I write a lot on my PC. Back when my OS was Windows 7, I used DimScreen as my screen dimmer (to keep my eyes from tiring quickly). Something strange happened when I switched to Windows...
  9. how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen

how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen: moving taskbar from left side of screen to the bottom of screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-move-taskbar-to-the-bottom-of-screen/94b18541-814c-4334-8c99-15fafe72f075
  10. about taskbar

about taskbar: why taskbar is too slow to respond in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/about-taskbar/1ea81032-fa51-4c18-a3a3-324203a1d3cb