Windows 10: Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc

Discus and support Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Here is a screenshot of my current view. On the taskbar, I can only access the start menu. Clicking on the search opens the pop up but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snake601, Sep 3, 2017.

1. snake601 Win User

Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc

Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc [​IMG]

Here is a screenshot of my current view. On the taskbar, I can only access the start menu. Clicking on the search opens the pop up but I cannot type anything. All keyboard shortcuts are working. I also can't see my pinned icons, or any of the icons in the bottom right corner. I also cannot click on the corner button which opens up my settings or the see desktop button.

Is there a fix to this?

Many thanks in advance

:)

snake601, Sep 3, 2017

2. Pin To Taskbar with multiple monitors does not work - can only pin to primary monitor

Hi Navneet,

I performed the steps with no errors and rebooted. Results are the same.

Perhaps I should try to clarify the issue a bit.

Current setup:

- Windows 10 Pro with Quad monitor setup

* Xeon E3-1276 @3,60GHz, 20GB RAM

* Dual nVidia Quadro K620 video cards (4 monitors)

- Under Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, I have the following setting:

* Show taskbar on all displays

* Show taskbar buttons on: Taskbar where window is open

* Buttons on other taskbars: Always combine, hide labels

I will use IE as the example here. By default, IE is pinned to the taskbar on the primary monitor/display.

On the primary monitor taskbar, if you right-click on IE the option "Unpin this program from the taskbar" is present.

Likewise, if I unpin IE from here (primary monitor) and re-open IE, I can right-click on the taskbar icon and select "Pin this program to the taskbar".

If IE is pinned to the taskbar and I move the open IE window to another monitor, here is what happens:

The IE taskbar icon is now present on BOTH the primary monitor and secondary monitor, even though the IE window is open only on the secondary monitor.

When right-click on the IE icon in the secondary monitor, there are no unpin or pin options available - those options are present ONLY on the primary monitor.

If you close and reopen IE from the primary monitor taskbar icon, it will reopen to the monitor it was last on (secondary in this example), but that is not the issue for me; taskbar icon location is the problem.

Similarly, if any application is opened on another screen, it must be move to the primary monitor to be able to pin it to the taskbar.

This was not the case in Windows 8.x - applications could be pinned to any (specific) monitor taskbar and appeared only on the monitor to which it was pinned.

So if I have, say, 20 taskbar items pinned - I cannot have 5 on each respective monitor;

they can only be "pinned" to the primary monitor, thus filling the taskbar. Far from ideal...

Evan Leonard, Sep 3, 2017
  3. Windows Live Mail Icon Placement

I'm not able to pin the Windows Live Mail icon to the taskbar, even if the taskbar is unlocked. Other icons like Word, IE, Adobe, etc., pin with no problem.

Spectre1911, Sep 3, 2017
Thema:

Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc

1. Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc - Similar Threads - Taskbar showing pinned

2. Taskbar missing open application icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar missing open application icons.: Hi,I have a windows 11 23H2with multiply displays. I have quite frequent issue, that icons in taskbar are missing from open applications. Check picture below.It is quite annoying, as I have to click on it to see what app it is or I am looking for. I believe I had same issue...
  3. Taskbar missing open application icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar missing open application icons.: Hi,I have a windows 11 23H2with multiply displays. I have quite frequent issue, that icons in taskbar are missing from open applications. Check picture below.It is quite annoying, as I have to click on it to see what app it is or I am looking for. I believe I had same issue...
  4. Pinned applications on taskbar revert to generic icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned applications on taskbar revert to generic icon: Hi there, I've noticed that my Taskbar icons more frequently revert to a generic one, rather than the actual app's icon. Here's what I mean: Seems like only Microsoft product icons are working as intended, even then Visual Studio isn't appearing correctly either. The issue...
  5. Pinned applications on taskbar revert to generic icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned applications on taskbar revert to generic icon: Hi there, I've noticed that my Taskbar icons more frequently revert to a generic one, rather than the actual app's icon. Here's what I mean: Seems like only Microsoft product icons are working as intended, even then Visual Studio isn't appearing correctly either. The issue...
  6. Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar: Hi All, the issue is fairly simple and visible issue, active windows/applications icons are no longer being displayed in the taskbar. It was working before and then stopped despite restarting the computer several times and trying different methods to fix this. This is a...
  7. Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks"

Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks": Hello, I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my new computer, checked and downloaded updates. My problem is with some programs, usually there is more options when I right-click the pinned icon on the task bar listed under "Tasks". One example would be my browser...
  8. Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing: Hi All of a sudden, my pinned programmes are no longer showing on my taskbar in Windows 10. The icons are also not showing for programmes currently open so I can't right click to pin. Why has this changed, and how do I revert it back to being able to see programmes on the...
  9. Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar: I have noticed, that following a recent Windows 10 update, my taskbar no longer shows any pinned application icons like, for example, Windows Media, Microsoft Store, and also when I open an application, for example Microsoft Edge, this does not appear in the taskbar either....
  10. Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons?

Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons?: Hi All, Recently took the plunge and downloaded Windows 10. I'm still in the process of tweaking it to my liking and there are a few things that are driving me nuts and I don't know how (or if) I can fix them. The main problem that is irritating me right now relates...