Windows 10: Windows taskbar not working corectly.

Discus and support Windows taskbar not working corectly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can left click on stuff like programs but i can't click on the windows search bare, windows logo and all the icons on the right. I can't right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SofNoClip, Jul 4, 2020.

1. SofNoClip Win User

Windows taskbar not working corectly.

I can left click on stuff like programs but i can't click on the windows search bare, windows logo and all the icons on the right. I can't right click programs as well.

Any way to fix this, i also have other problems that makes me unable to use any of the troubleshooters on windows. If anyone can fix them i'll be really happy.

:)

SofNoClip, Jul 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Taskbar not working

Hi Frank,

In addition to Sumit Dhiman suggestion I suggest you to follow the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps

suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

The troubleshooting steps suggested in the link above applies to Taskbar too.

Do let us know if you are able to use Taskbar. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 4, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Taskbar not working

Hello, there are so many threads on this topic, which can readily be found using the white search box at the top.

Here are a few I've found for you. I suggest you work through these, and if no success, please list everything you've tried and post back. Good luck!

Solved Start Button and taskbar not working - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums
    Taskbar/Start button not working! - Page 15 - Windows 10 Forums
    Start button right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows taskbar not working corectly. - Similar Threads - taskbar working corectly

2. windows update not working corectly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update not working corectly: when instaling win10 workstation using usb i disabel from genral tab + take no action on first failure from recovery tab on restart everything goes back to defualt value and downlaoding updates for windows starts and network overload issus starts to slow down the network...
  3. windows update not working corectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update not working corectly: when instaling win10 workstation using usb i disabel from genral tab + take no action on first failure from recovery tab on restart everything goes back to defualt value and downlaoding updates for windows starts and network overload issus starts to slow down the network...
  4. windows update not working corectly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my computor is not working corectly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computor is not working corectly: after areboot of windows alot of things stopped working correctly, instalation of thing like navidia g force and obs starts yet never progresses. usb ports just stop working and despite recognisng my headphones no sound is played through them.i have tried another reset withno...
  6. ico files will not show corectly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ico files will not show corectly.: I've been trying to get ICO files to show up in File Explorer and they will not show. I see the icon of where I can open it but not the picture itself. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated...
  7. my zm-k400g keybord stop working corectly.

my zm-k400g keybord stop working corectly.: i drop some water on it and now it write but not corectly ex: a=sdkl q=ewio w=ewio write some random letters on evrey key and numbers : ex: 1=2389 2=2389 3=23892389 and if i press 5 it go me on the google support techical problem. can...
  8. Disk Management Isn't Corect

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management Isn't Corect: I dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 from the same hard drive. Recently, I had to reinstall Win 10. I can no longer dual boot, as you can see in screen shot. I have no idea how to fix it as it was before the reinstalling. [img] 145110
  9. Paint is not working corectly on 1903

Paint is not working corectly on 1903: Can you can help me resolve problem with MS Paint , i.e., after last updates Paint is not working with cuts lower than 31 X 31 px[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-is-not-working-corectly-on-1903/3475ff8e-9600-440d-95d5-a427edbde023
  10. Windows taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows taskbar not working: After I updated windows a few days back the taskbar stopped working, does Anyone know how to fix this? 70751