Windows 10: Windows taskbar not working

Discus and support Windows taskbar not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I updated windows a few days back the taskbar stopped working, does Anyone know how to fix this? 70751 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aslakk, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Aslakk Win User

Windows taskbar not working

After I updated windows a few days back the taskbar stopped working, does Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Aslakk, Nov 24, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Nov 24, 2016
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Nov 24, 2016
  4. marsmimar Win User

Could you be more specific? For example, are the taskbar icons missing? Are the icons not working when you click on them? Did the taskbar disappear? When you updated Windows "a few days back" was it security updates or did you update the entire operating system to the Anniversary Update?

marsmimar, Nov 24, 2016
  5. Aslakk Win User
    Some icons are missing and when I click on them nothing happens, the taskbar is still there but it's not working. The system updated when I turned my pc of a few days ago, so I don't really know

Aslakk, Nov 24, 2016
  6. I found a temporary solution on this thread that works, for the time being.

(win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes

Pulcinella, Nov 24, 2016
  7. marsmimar Win User
    It's possible that your Windows 10 has some damaged or corrupt system files. You can run a System File Checker scan. If damaged or corrupt files are found the scan will attempt to repair or replace them. The following tutorial (Option Three) explains more. In my opinion, the easiest way to run the scan:

1. Right click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)
    2. At the blinking cursor type in sfc /scannow and click Enter (note the space between sfc and /scannow)
    3. The scan will take several minutes to run. Hopefully you will see "no integrity violations found"
    4. If the finished scan found corrupt files but could not fix some of them, run the SFC scan again and see the "Note" under Step 6 of Option Three. (I also suggest restarting your computer after each scan.)

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Depending on the results of the SFC scan(s) will determine what else you can try.

marsmimar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows taskbar not working - Similar Threads - taskbar working

2. Windows taskbar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar is not working: About 6 weeks ago, my Windows 11 began showing odd issues. It started when Slack and iTunes stopped working and Windows acted like they weren't installed. The apps list showed them but when I tried to uninstall them, it couldn't find them. Both were installed via the...
  3. Windows taskbar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taskbar is not working: About 6 weeks ago, my Windows 11 began showing odd issues. It started when Slack and iTunes stopped working and Windows acted like they weren't installed. The apps list showed them but when I tried to uninstall them, it couldn't find them. Both were installed via the...
  4. windows 11 23H2 download issues with taskbar missing and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 23H2 download issues with taskbar missing and settings app not working: Originally installed 23H2 towards end of February 2024 and had immediate problems with a missing taskbar and settings not working. after trying several suggestions gave up and did a recovery and restore to previous version of 22H2. This got me thru the tax season and earlier...
  5. windows 11 23H2 download issues with taskbar missing and settings app not working

windows 11 23H2 download issues with taskbar missing and settings app not working: Originally installed 23H2 towards end of February 2024 and had immediate problems with a missing taskbar and settings not working. after trying several suggestions gave up and did a recovery and restore to previous version of 22H2. This got me thru the tax season and earlier...
  6. Taskbar, start menu & Settings are not working, have no Wi-Fi on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar, start menu & Settings are not working, have no Wi-Fi on Windows 10: When i try to open, as an example, my default browser, Chrome, its not working, like, the mouse on the screen, shows, that its refreshing. And yes i have tried, but that refreshing icon won't stop, its rotating around forever.If i try to open the Start Menu, Settings, or even...
  7. Taskbar, start menu & Settings are not working, have no Wi-Fi on Windows 10

Taskbar, start menu & Settings are not working, have no Wi-Fi on Windows 10: When i try to open, as an example, my default browser, Chrome, its not working, like, the mouse on the screen, shows, that its refreshing. And yes i have tried, but that refreshing icon won't stop, its rotating around forever.If i try to open the Start Menu, Settings, or even...
  8. Taskbar, start menu & Settings are not working, have no Wi-Fi on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 11Pro 23H2 prompts "Network Cable Unplugged" for working NICs; Taskbar insists WiFi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11Pro 23H2 prompts "Network Cable Unplugged" for working NICs; Taskbar insists WiFi...: My operational "bridged" network connectivity is via wired, dual-NIC Ethernet Controllers *LAN+*WAN via DOCSiS router/modem, on a Z790 motherboard. *LAN via Marvell AQtion 10Gb Network driver w/the latest V3.1.8.0*WAN via IntelR Ethernet Controller I226-V driver w/the latest...
  10. Windows 11Pro 23H2 prompts "Network Cable Unplugged" for working NICs; Taskbar insists WiFi...

Windows 11Pro 23H2 prompts "Network Cable Unplugged" for working NICs; Taskbar insists WiFi...: My operational "bridged" network connectivity is via wired, dual-NIC Ethernet Controllers *LAN+*WAN via DOCSiS router/modem, on a Z790 motherboard. *LAN via Marvell AQtion 10Gb Network driver w/the latest V3.1.8.0*WAN via IntelR Ethernet Controller I226-V driver w/the latest...