Windows 10: Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working

Discus and support Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working in Cortana to solve the problem; So after I signed onto my PC as usual I noticed that I was not able to click on my taskbar I was only able to open windows file explorer. Any way to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by bombicool, Oct 30, 2018.

1. bombicool Win User

Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working

So after I signed onto my PC as usual I noticed that I was not able to click on my taskbar I was only able to open windows file explorer. Any way to fix this?

:)

bombicool, Oct 30, 2018
  2. bruce1943 Win User

Task Manager not working

Topguncp - I went into Admin Command prompt and followed your three steps which fixed the problem Task Manager now working. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working :)

bruce1943, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Win10: Start button doesn't work, Edge icon invisible, Task Manager and Taskbar slow to respond

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Start Menu is non-responsive. Please try the following:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard
    • Select task manager
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot PC and check if issue persist.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Nov 9, 2018
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working - Similar Threads - taskbar task manager

2. Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...: Just installed windows 11 on a new computer. Everything was working fine and did all updates and restarts I was prompted to do. Now when I log in nothing works, I can't restart from task bar, I can't shut down I can't open settings, I can't open task manager. I can't search...
  3. Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...: Just installed windows 11 on a new computer. Everything was working fine and did all updates and restarts I was prompted to do. Now when I log in nothing works, I can't restart from task bar, I can't shut down I can't open settings, I can't open task manager. I can't search...
  4. Microsoft Store, Settings, Command Prompt & Task manager not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Settings, Command Prompt & Task manager not responding: I was trying to update Minecraft Bedrock edition and was installing it onto my computer. But every time I tried to open it up, it crashed. I then noticed the blue loading circle continue to appear then disappear around my cursor. I then tried using task manager to see what...
  5. Microsoft Store, Settings, Command Prompt & Task manager not responding

Microsoft Store, Settings, Command Prompt & Task manager not responding: I was trying to update Minecraft Bedrock edition and was installing it onto my computer. But every time I tried to open it up, it crashed. I then noticed the blue loading circle continue to appear then disappear around my cursor. I then tried using task manager to see what...
  6. commands for command prompt not working

commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  7. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  8. I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt: Can you guys help me with the .LNK files?i only got these files in Registery EditorPlease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-notepad-task-manager-and-command/732e7628-6e52-438c-a25c-986fcdd02e1f
  9. I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt: Can you guys help me with the .LNK files?i only got these files in Registery EditorPlease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-notepad-task-manager-and-command/732e7628-6e52-438c-a25c-986fcdd02e1f
  10. I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt