Windows 10: Windows taskbar won't unhide if a maximized window is present

Discus and support Windows taskbar won't unhide if a maximized window is present in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my taskbar set to automatically hide, but I can only unhide it whenever there are no maximized or fullscreen windows active. I've read a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/delusionsofmorality, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Windows taskbar won't unhide if a maximized window is present

I have my taskbar set to automatically hide, but I can only unhide it whenever there are no maximized or fullscreen windows active.

I've read a lot of threads about people who have had issues getting the taskbar to hide when in fullscreen applications and the advice is usually to restart the Windows Explorer process, but that is not what is happening with me.

It is hiding perfectly fine. It just won't unhide if there is even a single maximized window. Even if I reduce the window size by 1 single pixel, it will work as intended, but if it ever covers 100% of the screen, it fails to open. I am forced to use the Windows key to toggle the start menu to be able to navigate out of the window.

Has anyone ever faced this issue and resolved it?

submitted by /u/delusionsofmorality
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/delusionsofmorality, Nov 14, 2019

2. Automatically hide taskbar stays hidden when a window is maximized

Hello, I have set my taskbar to hide automatically but sometimes when I'm using a windows in maximized state (example: Chrome) and try to move the mouse at the bottom of the screen, it won't pull up the taskbar as it should. I have to either hit "start"
    key on my keyboard and then "escape" key to unhide it, or minimize the maximized window and move the mouse to the bottom of the screen to unhide it. Why is this hppening? Can I fix it somehow?

kyriakos97gr, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Jaclyn Win User
    Windows 10 unhide taskbar with hotkey instead of cursor position

As the title suggests, I would like to know what registry entries and files I would have to edit to do this. The problem is, I like my taskbar on the left, and hidden to maximize the space used by a window. This is an issue, however, because with how windows 10 captures the mouse within windows, my cursor will still unhide the taskbar, and then my mouse escapes the window that is attempting to capture it. The only solution to this that I can see would be to edit the hitbox for the taskbar to unhide to zero pixels, so that there is no way to open it with the mouse. Then the issue would be how to unhide the taskbar at all, the solution then would be to set a global hotkey to unhide it, so what would I have to edit to do this?

Jaclyn, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Tazmiria Win User

Windows taskbar won't unhide if a maximized window is present

Auto hide taskbar not unhiding

This was working fine and for some unknown reason it stopped. I have the taskbar on auto hide and when I move my mouse to unhide, it will not show the taskbar. I did not change any settings or download anything new so do not know what happened. I tried taking
    auto hide off and it appears fine, then turned auto hide back on and still the taskbar will not unhide. Any suggestions how to get my taskbar to unhide without having to turn it on/off?

I also can not close one window, it makes me close all windows. The little + sign is gone to open a new window I have to go to the right side, open the drop down menu and click New Window. None of this was like this yesterday, the taskbar worked perfectly
    so I am very confused. Please help me get my taskbar back to working normal again.

Tazmiria, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows taskbar won't unhide if a maximized window is present

1. Windows taskbar won't unhide if a maximized window is present - Similar Threads - taskbar won't unhide

2. Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows: [IMG] Hi guys, I really like using a transparent top taskbar and I've just noticed that browser windows (based on Chromium or Mozzilla), once maximized, add an additional border to the top causing this annoying situation where the app seems to continue under the taskbar....
  3. taskbar and maximizing windows

taskbar and maximizing windows: I'm experiencing an issue where sometimes you will click on the program icon on the taskbar of an open program or folder, yet the program or file explorer won't maximize. If i click the ALT key after I try, the window pops up. It's almost like the file is stuck in the...
  4. taskbar stays on top of maximized window

taskbar stays on top of maximized window: since updating to 1903 the taskbar occasionally stays on top of maximized windows. i have to click it and then click back into the window to get rid of it. not huge deal but happens super often so its annoying. i have already tried restarting windows explorer and also pc like...
  5. windows won't maximize or restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows won't maximize or restore: All of a sudden, windows that i "minimize" won't maximize! I've tried all the key stroke combos shift/Ctrl/alt/Windows. none work. any surefire suggestions?...
  6. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized: When I maximize Windows, I see the bottom scroll bar behind the task bar. I haven’t had this issue before. I’d like to have the desktop not covered by the taskbar...
  7. Windows 10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize

Windows 10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize: Windows10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize. Version 1809 OS Build 17763.107 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-minimized-on-taskbar-do-not-open-or/d1065dee-2819-4108-9a7f-5701059b9ff8
  8. Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game: I have a full screen game playing in borderless windowed mode. That lets me alt+tab out in a reasonable timeframe. My problem is that when I aim down, the taskbar comes up. When I fire my weapon, I lose control of the orientation of my character in the game which is very...
  9. Unhiding the icons in the bottom right area of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unhiding the icons in the bottom right area of the taskbar: Hi, in Windows 8.1 there was an option to "show icon and notifications" for the icons that were hidden by the upward pointing arrow. I cannot seem to find this option in Windows 10, is there any way to set it so more of my icons can be seen right on the bottom right area of...
  10. Taskbar overlapped by maximized windows. How to?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar overlapped by maximized windows. How to?: I'm unhappy with the taskbar because it always takes space on my 14 inch laptop. 14 inch is already pretty small, so having the taskbar always take up space is inefficient. The behavior that I'm looking for is simple: If I maximize a window, it should maximize over the...