Windows 10: Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB...

Discus and support Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Someone at Microsoft is having a rough evening after it was discovered that the staging site for the Windows technical preview was accidently made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 27, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB...

Read More

labeeman, Sep 27, 2014
  2. elhassan Win User

Yeeeh its always round that....no change

:)

elhassan, Sep 27, 2014
  3. 60e23e55-f3a2-4c22-9007-2c07809e4523, Sep 27, 2014
  4. Netverse Win User

Windows 10 "English" or "International English" ?

When I downloaded it I got build versions 10586, in November. As a matter of Fact, around Nov 21, someone posted that Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 was updated to 10.0.10586.0 to reflect the version of Windows 10 November Update, but was changed back
    to 10.0.10240.16480 matching Windows RTM. However, all my downloads were not build 10.0.10240.16480.

I have a few Media Creator Tools on hand, one is version 10.0.10240.16480, another is 10.0.10586.0, and 10.0.10586.35.

Media Creator Tool (MCT) ISO results from December.

Win10_x64_en-us_MCT.iso

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Details for image : install.esd

Index : 1

Name : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Description : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Size : 13,905,900,578 bytes

Index : 2

Name : Windows 10 Technical Preview

Description : Windows 10 Technical Preview

Size : 13,864,879,010 bytes

-----------------------

Techbench(TB) Download Win10_1511_English_x64_TB( J_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV )

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Details for image : install.wim

Index : 1

Name : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Description : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Size : 13,905,900,578 bytes

Index : 2

Name : Windows 10 Technical Preview

Description : Windows 10 Technical Preview

Size : 13,864,879,010 bytes

-----------------

Netverse, Sep 27, 2014
  5. labeeman Win User
    The screen shot on the article says a lot. You will not be able to restore your original system except from a backup the restore partition will not work. It will come on a ISO.

labeeman, Sep 27, 2014
  6. LittleJay Win User
    4 GBs eh? Maybe I'm the only one, but I really miss the days, when a new OS was under a GB in size. Once tried out a Linux Distro, can't remember which one, that you could install just a very basic OS and then build on it from there. Would be nice if a person could do that with Windows as well. Just saying....

LittleJay, Sep 27, 2014
  7. It is probably 2 gb worth of 64 bit OS and 2 GB of drivers to support almost everything made from Vista onwards. All those chip sets, printers, scanners, monitors, keyboards, mice and everything else need drivers so the 4GB is understandable.

Indianatone, Sep 27, 2014
  8. Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB...

Hi

I'm glad it's going to come as an ISO file, I just hope there are no hitches involved in dual booting it.

I don't really want to replace my current Windows 8 install with something I haven't tried out first.

I guess it's time to update my disk image files just in case I need to restore, after attempting to install it.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Sep 27, 2014
  9. As an MVP I have access to MSDN to get the ISO's. I only do clean installs these days and all my factory OEM installs were nuked long ago. I don't have a factory recovery partition to lose. Others are not so lucky though so I foresee another rash of " how do I get a Windows 8.x ISO?" threads when the upgrade fails. Some will, it inevitable.
    Create your recovery media now, if you haven't already! And or image your system, while you still can.

alphanumeric, Sep 28, 2014
  10. elhassan Win User
    I think this picture will explane every thing

Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB... Download%2Bwindows%2Btechnical%2Bpreview%2Bscreenshot%2Bfrom%2BMicrosoft%2Bwebsite-1.jpg

elhassan, Sep 28, 2014
  11. badrobot Win User

What I don't understand is why some people even consider the idea of upgrading their existing working OS or dual boot it with something in beta or preview version (unless they mean upgrading a cloned copy).

Save yourselves the trouble. Spare $20 and get this: Famous Brand 80GB Hard Drive - 3.5, SATA (UNQ00310003) (Refurbished) at TigerDirect.com

Then download the ISO when it's released and play it safe.

I have 4 of those 80GB hard drives for "playing" purposes.

Cheers!

badrobot, Sep 29, 2014
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    I really want to play with Win9 in VM first. Then it goes well..I might just do what I did with Win7 and install it as my primary.
    I had Vista when the beta's of Win7 came out and given that I hated Vista it was a no brainier to use Win7 as my primary, beta or not. Worst case is I have to re-install Win8.1/Update one but that's not a big deal and the programs I use don't take long for me to install.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2014
  13. Clam Win User

4GB is fine, IMHO. But do we know when we'll be able to actually download it? Tomorrow? By the end of the week? Next week? :|

14. BunnyJ New Member
    As far as I know from the information that's been posted it was supposed to be on the 30th but I think the plan is for the first week in October now.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2014
  15. Stephanie Win User
    4GB fits nice on a DVD *Biggrin

Stephanie, Sep 29, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB... - Similar Threads - Technical Preview weighs

2. The Windows 10 technical preview setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 technical preview setup: Hello, Please be sure to give me the Windows 10 technical preview setup download link. Please tell me what I need to do to get this link, do I have to sign up? I mention that I have Microsoft account. Wait for response! Thank you! A good day!...
  3. Downloading Technical preview ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Technical preview ISO: Don't I have to convert this file before putting it on the HD? 3159
  4. win 10 technical preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 technical preview: Hi all downloaded latest win 10 (10162) TP yesterday but can only install on any instance of windows im using that time of installation be it 7 or 8 ..... or on a Virtual Box, but not a drive of my choice ?, will this be the same for the final release of win 10 or will u be...
  5. Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem: I am trying to install Windows 10 Tech Preview : WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso 3.81 GB (4,100,497,408 bytes), have checked sha1 also. But I am not able to install even after repeated attempts. Below is the system info and my Bios options available in my laptop....
  6. Office Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Office Technical Preview: Microsoft has a private Office 2016 beat group who have access to the next version of Office, and if you feel bummed that you were not included in the group, there is now a way to download the bits. If you head to the source link below, you can now sign up for the Office...
  7. Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview: Post your strange experiences with Windows Technical Preview so we can hash over them a while! *Smile I'll start: For example, if you may be running WTP in a dual boot scenario and perform a 'Refresh' with media from PC Settings, it might seem like the process saves some...
  8. A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview: New build 9841 In less than two weeks, Microsoft will begin revealing information about the Windows Technical Preview, the first pre-release look at the next version of Windows. The actual Preview won't be out until October, I'm told. But there's no reason to wait:...
  9. Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger: Hello all, I guess this time Microsoft will have to face many problems.... I don't know why people say "There is a keylogger in Windows 10 Technical Preview". They say Microsoft collects their personal Data because they heard this from others. I may agree but it was...
  10. Windows Server Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Technical Preview: At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud OS vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure. Windows Server Technical Preview provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities spanning server...