Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB...

Discus and support Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB... in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Someone at Microsoft is having a rough evening after it was discovered that the staging site for the Windows technical preview was accidently made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 27, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Read More

labeeman, Sep 27, 2014
  2. elhassan Win User

Yeeeh its always round that....no change

:)

elhassan, Sep 27, 2014
  3. 60e23e55-f3a2-4c22-9007-2c07809e4523 Win User
    60e23e55-f3a2-4c22-9007-2c07809e4523, Sep 27, 2014
  4. Netverse Win User

Windows 10 "English" or "International English" ?

When I downloaded it I got build versions 10586, in November. As a matter of Fact, around Nov 21, someone posted that Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 was updated to 10.0.10586.0 to reflect the version of Windows 10 November Update, but was changed back
    to 10.0.10240.16480 matching Windows RTM. However, all my downloads were not build 10.0.10240.16480.

I have a few Media Creator Tools on hand, one is version 10.0.10240.16480, another is 10.0.10586.0, and 10.0.10586.35.

Media Creator Tool (MCT) ISO results from December.

Win10_x64_en-us_MCT.iso

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Details for image : install.esd

Index : 1

Name : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Description : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Size : 13,905,900,578 bytes

Index : 2

Name : Windows 10 Technical Preview

Description : Windows 10 Technical Preview

Size : 13,864,879,010 bytes

-----------------------

Techbench(TB) Download Win10_1511_English_x64_TB( J_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV )

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Details for image : install.wim

Index : 1

Name : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Description : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview

Size : 13,905,900,578 bytes

Index : 2

Name : Windows 10 Technical Preview

Description : Windows 10 Technical Preview

Size : 13,864,879,010 bytes

-----------------

Netverse, Sep 27, 2014
  5. labeeman Win User
    The screen shot on the article says a lot. You will not be able to restore your original system except from a backup the restore partition will not work. It will come on a ISO.

labeeman, Sep 27, 2014
  6. LittleJay Win User
    4 GBs eh? Maybe I'm the only one, but I really miss the days, when a new OS was under a GB in size. Once tried out a Linux Distro, can't remember which one, that you could install just a very basic OS and then build on it from there. Would be nice if a person could do that with Windows as well. Just saying....

LittleJay, Sep 27, 2014
  7. Indianatone Win User
    It is probably 2 gb worth of 64 bit OS and 2 GB of drivers to support almost everything made from Vista onwards. All those chip sets, printers, scanners, monitors, keyboards, mice and everything else need drivers so the 4GB is understandable.

Indianatone, Sep 28, 2014
  8. MikeHawthorne Win User

Hi

I'm glad it's going to come as an ISO file, I just hope there are no hitches involved in dual booting it.

I don't really want to replace my current Windows 8 install with something I haven't tried out first.

I guess it's time to update my disk image files just in case I need to restore, after attempting to install it.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Sep 28, 2014
  9. alphanumeric New Member
    As an MVP I have access to MSDN to get the ISO's. I only do clean installs these days and all my factory OEM installs were nuked long ago. I don't have a factory recovery partition to lose. Others are not so lucky though so I foresee another rash of " how do I get a Windows 8.x ISO?" threads when the upgrade fails. Some will, it inevitable.
    Create your recovery media now, if you haven't already! And or image your system, while you still can.

alphanumeric, Sep 28, 2014
  10. elhassan Win User
    I think this picture will explane every thing

Download%2Bwindows%2Btechnical%2Bpreview%2Bscreenshot%2Bfrom%2BMicrosoft%2Bwebsite-1.jpg

elhassan, Sep 28, 2014
  11. badrobot Win User

What I don't understand is why some people even consider the idea of upgrading their existing working OS or dual boot it with something in beta or preview version (unless they mean upgrading a cloned copy).

Save yourselves the trouble. Spare $20 and get this: Famous Brand 80GB Hard Drive - 3.5, SATA (UNQ00310003) (Refurbished) at TigerDirect.com

Then download the ISO when it's released and play it safe.

I have 4 of those 80GB hard drives for "playing" purposes.

Cheers!

badrobot, Sep 29, 2014
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    I really want to play with Win9 in VM first. Then it goes well..I might just do what I did with Win7 and install it as my primary.
    I had Vista when the beta's of Win7 came out and given that I hated Vista it was a no brainier to use Win7 as my primary, beta or not. Worst case is I have to re-install Win8.1/Update one but that's not a big deal and the programs I use don't take long for me to install.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2014
  13. Clam Win User

4GB is fine, IMHO. But do we know when we'll be able to actually download it? Tomorrow? By the end of the week? Next week? :|

14. BunnyJ New Member
    As far as I know from the information that's been posted it was supposed to be on the 30th but I think the plan is for the first week in October now.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2014
  15. Stephanie Win User
    4GB fits nice on a DVD *Biggrin

Stephanie, Sep 29, 2014
Thema:

Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB... - Similar Threads - Technical Preview weighs

1. RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661

in Windows 10 News
    RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661: We have released a pre-release FFU for RPI3B+ without support for WIFI, Bluetooth, and touch. The FFU can be downloaded from Download Windows 10 IoT .We would like to hear feedback from the community regarding this image. Thanks! Source: RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview...
  2. New Azure Stack Technical Preview 2 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Azure Stack Technical Preview 2 available: We’re pleased to announce the next step in delivering the power of Azure in your datacenters: Azure Stack Technical Preview 2! Since we released the first Technical Preview, we’ve been blown away by the conversations with customers about the solutions they want to build and...
  3. Update 1707 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch

in Windows 10 News
    Update 1707 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch: Hello everyone! We are happy to let you know that update 1707 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test...
  4. Update 1701 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch

in Windows 10 News
    Update 1701 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch: Hello everyone! We are happy to let you know that update 1701 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test...
  5. Update 1612 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch – Avail

in Windows 10 News
    Update 1612 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch – Avail: Hello everyone! We are happy to let you know that update 1612 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test...
  6. Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview 10586.420 available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview 10586.420 available: Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones 10586.420 availble [img] *Tongue Downloading now! *Party
  7. Update 1802 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch

in Windows 10 News
    Update 1802 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch: Hello everyone! We are excited to let you know that update 1802 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test...
Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB... solved